PDA

View Full Version : Weber T40 carb parts..

C-S_Cormac
22-01-06, 03:54 AM
Im just wondering if any you guys any online shops i can buy parts for my twin weber carbs, i need the o rings to fit between the carbs and the manifold...

theres a shop about 40mins drive from me but im working all week and dont have time do go there, need these prity sharpish...

would also need a fuel pump and regulator...

anyone help me out??

cheers

johnny27
22-01-06, 12:59 PM
you can use your orginal mech fuel pump with a regulator, no real need for a electric fuel pump, altought the elec pump is tidy, as you can get one's with the proper 3.5-5 psi, so you don't need to mount a regulator, and you have less pipes to deal with, as with the mech pump u need pipes going to pump then crossing over to regulator and then to the carbs. If your using the 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4 engines you need a lowered altenator bracket, i don't think its needed though for the mpi engines. Autosport has all you need to fit the carbs aswell as the rings/seals for the manifold

http://www.tuning.co.uk/vauxshop/

C-S_Cormac
22-01-06, 02:09 PM
Cheers mate..

Done a search on ebay and found a webber shop selling the gaskets so ive e-mailed them with my requirments...

I know a few people with facet fuel pumps, whats the difference between the red-top and silver-top ones,, is it one delivers more fuel that the other??

I also have to invest in an oil catch tank,, its all money at ther moment :evil:

Nick
22-01-06, 02:22 PM
you can use your orginal mech fuel pump with a regulator, no real need for a electric fuel pump, altought the elec pump is tidy, as you can get one's with the proper 3.5-5 psi, so you don't need to mount a regulator, and you have less pipes to deal with, as with the mech pump u need pipes going to pump then crossing over to regulator and then to the carbs. If your using the 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4 engines you need a lowered altenator bracket, i don't think its needed though for the mpi engines. Autosport has all you need to fit the carbs aswell as the rings/seals for the manifold

you need a alternator loweing bracket for the MPi 1.6 (e16SE)

this should come complete with o-rings if you buy a mangoletsi inlet new.

And on the regulator side of things, Dispite advice from here, i've been told by 3 local parts dealers/motorsport engineering outfits that on a mech fuel pump you don't need a regulator - all of whom have had 20-30 years expirience in building carbed rally/hill climb engines e.t.c

I'm going to run mine without and see how it goes after being set-up.

C-S_Cormac
22-01-06, 02:34 PM
Should have mentioned im using a 2L 8V engine (seh) i have an sbd twin carb manifold, im not sure if i need a lower altnator bracket tho as i havent the engine together yet.....

womble sri
22-01-06, 06:11 PM

you need a alternator loweing bracket for the MPi 1.6 (e16SE)

this should come complete with o-rings if you buy a mangoletsi inlet new.

And on the regulator side of things, Dispite advice from here, i've been told by 3 local parts dealers/motorsport engineering outfits that on a mech fuel pump you don't need a regulator - all of whom have had 20-30 years expirience in building carbed rally/hill climb engines e.t.c

I'm going to run mine without and see how it goes after being set-up.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/FAST-ROAD-CARS have a lot of parts my manifold from tuning.co.uk came with the o rings and bracket, bolts ect but you need a pipe adapter and i have had trouble getting one so i am getting one made from steel on monday. did you have this problem nick?
im gonna rum mine without pump and just regulator like you say and see how that goes.

dan23
30-01-06, 09:14 PM
womble sri how much u want for 1.4 inlet an head tryed 2 pm but your box was full