PDA

View Full Version : Warm enough to tinker!!

Lee
21-01-06, 04:05 PM
Finally the weathers bearable enough to venture outside and have a tinker with the nova. Only stayed out for a few hours, but managed to get quite a lot done!

Removed the bumper bar, which is another nice bit of weight lost, and then just bolted the bumper back to the car via two M8 bolts through the old brackets that attach to the chassis rails. Also lost the numberplate and made some cooling holes where it used to live. Ill be meshing then in due course to give the rad some protection.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/Bottlethroddy/210106_151906.jpg

Also finally got round to soldering a cable onto the DTA loom to give me a rev counter signal to the dials. Also cable tied the clocks in a bit neater. I plan to fabricate a bracket for them at some point, but thats not on my list of prioritys at the moment!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/Bottlethroddy/210106_151939.jpg

Dar
21-01-06, 04:30 PM
Yeah its been nice weather :D I went out and washed the cars today :o

With regards to mounting the bumpers once you have taken the metal out of them. I copied Mike(IIRC) and mounted them on with bonnet pins. Its a damn good idea and then you have quick release bumpers as well :P

Obviously though if the car is not garaged then it's not such a good idea because they become quickly nickable bumpers.

Anyway - Its looking good. Can't wait to see the car and have a nose around it this year.

Cheers
Dar

Stuart
21-01-06, 04:42 PM
funky lee.... i guess its handy with the car being a trailor queen now taht you can jsut abuse things that little bit more ;)

i went out to have a play with mine today too. Got the driveshafts in and the box filled. painted the inner front arches as they were getting a little tatty and bare. fitted the new column and bought the dash pannel+half loom in so i can try to finish that off and then its jsut a few niggly things to do like get that brake box done and fit the screen...

Lee
21-01-06, 05:02 PM
Blimey, youve been a busy bot too then! Glad your finally getting on with it mate!

Ive also just got off the phone ordering my suspension. Found a used set of coilovers, Bilstein 400/175 fronts with heavy duty top mounts, and Spax rear coilovers with 2.25" springs, so i guess the hammers coming out to play in a week or so :lol:
I also get a modified beam axle with works heavy duty bushes thrown in for free as well, as the setup was from a class winning road saloon racing nova!

Not a bad days work :lol:

Mike.
21-01-06, 07:48 PM
With regards to mounting the bumpers once you have taken the metal out of them. I copied Mike(IIRC) and mounted them on with bonnet pins. Its a damn good idea and then you have quick release bumpers as well :P

to stop my bumpers being nickable i've bolted the bumper to the wings also.

ohh and the pic :lol:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/6666666/fiberglasstailgate2001.jpg

ohh and the cars looking good matey, the bumper looks good with the holes in it. And the interiors looking spot on, mine should look as good as that soon.

leemh1234
21-01-06, 08:19 PM
hi looking good under neeth the boet

Lee
21-01-06, 11:12 PM
cheers lads.

Yeah, Dar / Mike, I did toy with the idea of the bonnet pins, but decided on bolts in the end. Not going to be hard fitting some if i change my mind :lol: