PDA

View Full Version : Arctic Monkeys

novaco
19-01-06, 08:36 PM
any one like them??

They did a cover of Lovamachine on Jo Whileys Livelounge today and it was great!

lol!

Stuart
19-01-06, 08:58 PM
first time i heard their "debut" song they were ok. then Jo dickface wylie got hold of it and ruined the band by telling you that you ahve to like them etc....

shes done it to sooooo many bands (then again its also the general radio 1 effect)

Iain
19-01-06, 08:59 PM
Never heard of them. Am I uncool?

Stuart
19-01-06, 09:06 PM
quite the opposite i belive. If youve not heard them then you dont endure R1 therefore you have taste ;) lol

novaco
19-01-06, 09:06 PM
yes!

wisewood
19-01-06, 09:14 PM
They are an ok band, with some catchy tunes, but 110% over-rated and have become way too over-played for my liking.

The mrs told meabout the live-lounge cover though, gonna try and get it from the radio1 site later.

novaco
19-01-06, 09:16 PM
over these last few weeks ive been drifinting away from the indie scene and becoming more of a drum and base/dance man again lol!

but when i heard this i had to dig a few of the old indie cd's out!

Rob-16v
19-01-06, 10:36 PM
There ok, nothing flash, they'll come and go like everything else on the radio.

wisewood
20-01-06, 08:12 AM
i think since john peel 'went' jo whiley has tried to take over the 'coolest thing on radio' thing, but she just can't do it. she talks with an annoying voice, pausing in stupid place midway through sentances... and all the "ultra cool music that you MUST listen to NOW" that she decided on is stuff that isn't really that cool, although it may have been a couple of years ago.

Jo Whiley is like a music whore. If your record label pays her enough, she'll big up your band till the cows come home!

Hard-Fi for example... nobody gave a stuff about them till she started playing them every 30 minutes.

[/rant]