PDA

View Full Version : Whats this time thing....

novapearl
19-01-06, 11:22 AM
Hmmm - where does all the time go.

On mending Novas thats where. Got the CV boot done on the O/s and the found out the brake calliper has seized ON. Damn it. It did this trick before but then it was the pads sticking so cleaned 'em up and ladled copper grease on 'em. Found out now it was the calliper piston stickin. So off it comes for some disassembly and a seal kit. Exchange one is only ?30 but hey this motor is being done on a budget!!

Using genuine parts where possible tho.

Shall get it for an MOT soon..... how soon is unsure...

Have given up on the sticky choke as apparently they all do this. Yep its a 1.3! 43000 miles ONLY and FULL service history! Found the poor running was due in part to shit 12 month old petrol. Crap this modern petrol. Annoying looks ike the fuel tank may be leakin a little bit.

Ever get the feeling you spend all your spare time workin on your car?

Adam

craig green
19-01-06, 11:48 AM
Ever get the feeling you spend all your spare time workin on your car?

No. I only wish I could!!

novapearl
19-01-06, 12:45 PM
Yeah, the mesh goes in the hole, gets covered over with P38 filler and painted over. At least thats what I did on the O/S/R wheelarch.

It kind of fell off in my hand as often happens. That is the only really rusty bit tho. brake pipes are all OK thanks to the garage that serviced it, cleaning them and then covering them in grease. All the suspension joint bolts had been greased as well so they all came undone OK. Even the track rods move freely! Result.

Jobs done so far:
Cam Cover gasket
O/S Cv boot
Front exhaust pipe (original had snapped off)
Rear wheel arch repair
Full brake check and partial service

Still to do:
Finish wiring CD multichanger
overhaul O/S/F brake calliper
And 10 000 000 other jobs