PDA

View Full Version : Non-Gen Front wings - Any good ???

fearless
18-01-06, 10:53 PM
I tried getting some genuine vauhall front wings for a face-lift 3 door nova

N/S is listed as being NLS (No longer serviced)
O/S is listed as being available

The one listed as NLS is still available but an Opel import but the other side is no longer available !!!! - We did a dealer search - no one has one listed !!!!!!!!!!!

So the question is - Haw bad a fit are the SEL Imperial non gen ones ??

Dave

probert_nova
18-01-06, 11:06 PM
the main things you'll spot is the gap between the top of the front indicator and the wing, also when you look down the line of the body, the wings stick out further than the door. my mate should be having a sel wing fitted soon so can take some pics.

Chris
18-01-06, 11:10 PM
I have had loads of non-gen ones. The ones Sel Imperial do are made by Hadrian. I have not had any that fit, mine have been a poor fit around the indicator (not formed to the same shape as the light unit) and the bit which hold the wing out near the front of the door has been too big and required cutting back to stop the wing pushing out past the door.

Chris

Ste L
18-01-06, 11:17 PM
yea, i have a sel one on mine, they aint that good for fitment at all

fearless
18-01-06, 11:17 PM
I can't believe Vauxhall has stopped making front wings for a nova - they still list loads of other of parts that you never need - but the ones that corrode/get damaged are now obsolete !!!!!! Not Happy !!!

Any one have any BRAND NEW Undamaged Genuine wings for sale ???

Dave

Ste L
18-01-06, 11:19 PM
thats the whole reason.. the stuff thats never needed doesn't get sold, so the stock never goes down :lol:

probert_nova
18-01-06, 11:28 PM
how come some vauxhall dealers can get the parts and others say they carn't. e.g vynal. might be worth trying a few others to see if this might work for you.

fearless
18-01-06, 11:38 PM
Some dealers can't be bothered looking into the availablity of old stock !!! - They would have to log onto DCS via the internet and check on the availabilty !!!!

I work at a Main Dealer - We checked via the Dealer Ordering Computer system on the availablity of parts - One side is only available via an opel import witch takes about ten days - for the the other side we did a Dealer search via vauxhall - which list all the dealers in the UK that have been supplied that part recently - Thats not to say they still have that part (They may have ordered it in for a customer/repair job) - but unfortunatly no one has ordered/being supplied one recently !!!

The only other option is to ring each dealer in the UK (Lots !!!) and ask if they have one in stock !!!!

Dave

F188CHG
19-01-06, 01:30 AM
The good thing about non genuine wingd is the o/s dont have a hole for the antena :wink:

Stuart
19-01-06, 08:14 AM
why must they be brand new?!?! jsut get a good condition set from a car tahts not had them replaced, then strip and treat them etc and way hey newish wings.

My SEL ones werent a bad fit at all, but they were MK1 if that makes any difference

MARTIN KELSON
19-01-06, 08:16 AM
Surely Dave your not working on your "project" again or even anywhere near a stage to be needing new wings!!!

Will F
19-01-06, 09:40 AM
What Stu said...

I am collecting MINT GM wings! :D I need a few for my projects and its always good to have a few spares.

craig green
19-01-06, 11:03 AM
I got in a pair of imperial wings for my respray a few years back, when the bodyshop came to use em they just rejected them.

I ended up getting Genuine ones. The pattern ones were shocking tbh.

Lee H
19-01-06, 01:52 PM
The good thing about non genuine wingd is the o/s dont have a hole for the antena :wink:

Neither do Genuine ones.

Guess its ucky I bought the genuine ones for my rebuild/respray well in advance (6 months ago) along with a new door as so many parts seem to be going NLS now!!

Adam
19-01-06, 02:51 PM
I think my wings are SEL panels, and they dont fit too well, one side sticks out slightly from the door line.

Lee H
19-01-06, 02:53 PM
I think my wings are SEL panels, and they dont fit too well, one side sticks out slightly from the door line.

Yours are genuine ones believe it or not as Rick bought them off someone who bought them brand new from Vauxhall.

Adam
19-01-06, 02:56 PM

Yours are genuine ones believe it or not as Rick bought them off someone who bought them brand new from Vauxhall.
Cool. :D

It must be one of the doors that isn't genuine then, which has made the wing not sit flush with the door.

Lee H
19-01-06, 02:57 PM

It must be one of the doors that isn't genuine then, which has made the wing not sit flush with the door.

Both doors were brand new from Vauxhall as well less than 2 years ago.

Adam
19-01-06, 03:11 PM

Both doors were brand new from Vauxhall as well less than 2 years ago.
Good stuff, thats why they aint rusty at all then :P :lol: lol

Jim
19-01-06, 05:29 PM
Didn't Rick Draper get some new wings? Send him a pm.

Jim

Rick Draper
19-01-06, 05:55 PM

Jim

Did I :?: . I got some new wings the other year the last time my car was painted not had any recently.

Jim
19-01-06, 06:53 PM

Jim

Did I :?: . I got some new wings the other year the last time my car was painted not had any recently.

Well there new aren't they, and you got them, so technically you got some new wings? :P Not my fault you like to rebuild your Nova every other week and hadn't put the new wings on until after a year since you first bought them :P

Jim

joff-turbo-nova
20-01-06, 07:31 AM
On my rebuild I have used both GM doors and wings and when I was fitting the wings the stood proud of the door along the door shut line. I had to tweak the back of the wings where the sit next to the A pillar to get them to move a bit but they are still slightly proud even now.

However the front end fitted fine with the indicators and grille sitting in the right places.

Me thinks I will be hunting on ebay for some spares for the loft!

Joff

RJM25R
23-01-06, 08:30 PM
have you tried Pentagon at Oldham/Rochdale Dave?

They managed to get me my new wings, but can't get sill for one side, or quarter panel for opposite side.......

fearless
23-01-06, 08:39 PM
How long ago did they get your wings Rick - Checked with VX last week - Vauxhall havn't supplied any to dealers for ages !!

Which side rear Qtr panel do you need ?
Got one at the workshop gathering dust !!! - but can't remember which side !!

Dave

Ojc
23-01-06, 10:55 PM
Uh oh this is bad news :|

I need to get a new drivers door, what are the chances of it being NL?

I tried to order a E16SE throttle cable the other week and guess what? NL

I have a non genuine wing on my Nova, drivers side, it fits fine around the lights, the grille etc, but by the door the gap is'nt even all the way down, got mine my online tuning.

fearless
24-01-06, 08:08 PM
Rang round 16 different local main dealers today - still no joy :(

Anyone know when I can get some ????

Dave

lee 16v
24-01-06, 09:04 PM
genuine wings dont always fit like you think they would, i work in a body shop and iv had wings from jag that are shit,

you can make anything fit right, if you really want to, im not good at fitting them but the painel beater at work is well good, ihad some shit wings that i couldnt get to fit. ended up denting them, then he come over and played with them for about 10mins and they looked mint, (i was doing it for 1/2hour and got no where) lol
but you can make them fit if you know what your doing

Paul16v
29-01-06, 12:00 PM
i have brand new gm drivers side wing for a mk 2 nova 3dr hatch if your after one

it has part number gm 1#90321100 sticker on it

fearless
29-01-06, 03:27 PM
i have brand new gm drivers side wing for a mk 2 nova 3dr hatch if your after one

it has part number gm 1#90321100 sticker on it

PM sent

fearless
30-01-06, 08:59 PM
Paul16v - please can you make some room in your mailbox - It's full !!!!!

Cheers

Dave

Paul16v
30-01-06, 09:13 PM
Paul16v - please can you make some room in your mailbox - It's full !!!!!

Cheers

Dave

i have made space!!

cheers
paul