PDA

View Full Version : idle at 2000-3000rpm????

rsintheplace
17-01-06, 01:38 PM
alrite peeps, ive got a nova GSI (e16se) which idle's abit funny.
first off ill start car in the morning, its fine when its cold but when it gets upto temp it idles at around 2500rpm??? if i blimp the throttle it goes dwn to normal den 2secs lata it will resume at 1500rpm.
also if im coming upto a junction or roundabout and have to stop it will hold the revs at 2500rpm? anyone got any ideas?
ive cleaned the throttle housing out and checked all vaccum pipes all seems ok,

any help would be much appreciated thanks

Chris

rsintheplace
19-01-06, 05:30 PM
no1 got any ideas then?

beavy69
19-01-06, 06:52 PM
I have a similar anomoly. But I have a carbed 1.3. I adjusted the fuel mix screw and idle mix screw. Now it revs about 1400 till it warms up and then settles at 900 odd.

I find that if i'm waiting in traffic it helps to come out of gear and let the clutch out as this gives the engine a little somthing extra to pull on which encourages it to calm down.

Check your Haynse manual to see if there is a way to adjust you're fuel.

Best also to check you're throttle linkage to make sure that the acceleratior cable is not getting stuck. Lube is and replace if needs be.

Then check you're ecu is not bust.

Thats all I can suggest m8 good luck.

Aragorn
19-01-06, 07:17 PM
squeeze the 1" hose that comes off the main air pipe and goes to the Secondary Air Valve on the bck of the cam housing

if the idle drops (once the engine is warm) that valves broken

rsintheplace
20-01-06, 01:17 PM
cheers guys ill hav a look

terrible___1
20-01-06, 02:12 PM
mate i had this problem a while ago just clean ur idle control valve or u might have to replace it