PDA

View Full Version : Turbo me up! (if possible)

beavy69
17-01-06, 11:30 AM
Hey ppl, does anyone know how I can fit a turbo to my 1.3L (carb) or what os the best one to use.

I have heart that with a carb you can just shove in the extra air and the fuel will incrase its flow as and when required. Is that true?

And where abouts on the exhuast manifold do you mount the turbo?

and does one alway need an intercooler?

cheers evry1.

craig green
17-01-06, 01:04 PM
cant use a carb mate , unless you use a metro turbo or renault 5 turbo carb. they are sealed for positive pressure.

you dont always need an intercooler with low boost pressures.

turbo would be mounted in the exhaust manifold where the 4 headers meet. I'd say if you need to ask such questions, you wont have the skill or knowledge to create such a beast.

CG

beavy69
17-01-06, 01:12 PM
Its more like I don't have the time or the tools thanx!

I put questions as simply as possible as people aren't always clear with their answers.

beavy69
17-01-06, 01:32 PM
whats the difference then between that and a norm carb. obviously you would have to seal it as the air is at hight pressure or are you talking about somthing else?

cheers,

7im.

Stuart
17-01-06, 02:04 PM
I put a reply similar to this in a turbo a 1200 thread a week or so ago.

id go for a 1.6 8V (gte/gsi) head that way you get bigger valves and dropped CR a bit
the 1.6 mpi inlet + injectors/tb etc.
1.6 T2 manifold (available in a few places now)
a T2
and aftermarket engine management.

thats just the basics but would ge tyou going with proper fuelling control etc.

burgo
17-01-06, 02:16 PM
im sorry but clearly not. if you are having to ask these very simple questions then you really dont have a clue and praps you should seek the help of someone who has. as for the carb it is a case of pressuring the float chamber to the same as in the port of the carb otherwise you will get no fuel

craig green
17-01-06, 04:38 PM
A mate of mine put a turbo from a metro on a 1.3 SR. Used the Metro carb & turbo.....

beavy69
17-01-06, 08:29 PM
So I don't know much about turbos, that?s why I asked which would be the best option.
Ask someone who has got a clue Errr I would hope someone here would!

And I prefer to describe it as a general question rather than a simple one. Not only is it less derogatory but it gives people scope to present more information meaning less knowledgeable people (sorry, people that don't have a clue) might find useful information that they would have otherwise missed. Is that not the premiss of a forum; sharing useful and interesting information?

burgo
17-01-06, 11:22 PM

your the one with the arsy replies mate

novarobbo
17-01-06, 11:35 PM
every thing can be done it all depends on how much spare cash you have..

beavy69
18-01-06, 06:06 PM
I would actually rather get the odd arsy reply, than be the person waisting their time being the ARSE and posting such things lol