PDA

View Full Version : Angel eyes

Nova_Houch7
16-01-06, 05:46 PM
hi everyone!
right im looking for some angel eye headlamps for my mk 1 nova sr, sum1 on here b4 had some for sale and ive sent them a message.

jus wandering if ne1 else knows where i cud get some from or if they know any1 that may have some!

Or....what other headlights will fit the mk1 nova if any do at all, without havin to work on the front to make them fit?

Ne ideas would be good, thanks!

Luke

ade
16-01-06, 06:57 PM
ebay - cheapest sets you'll find

although I was poking about in my loxcal halfrauds the other week andc clocked a set of round halogen fog lamps with angel eyes built in! Road legal too. About ?40 iirc...

May look smart fitted descreetly behind the bumper through little cut out circles...

jbowman
22-01-06, 01:22 AM
they sometimes have some on ebay - but they're cheap n nasty home made things. There isnt a company that does them for any nova. best thing to do is to buy the angel light rings from a car store for about ?7 and fit them inside ur current lights.
Alternative is the quad headlight conversion (?250 - ?300) or fitting some VW Polo Mk3 crystal lights which they also do angel lights for. More likely to fit a mk2 nova though.

Nova_Houch7
23-01-06, 06:19 PM
so do you not think that mk 3 polo lights will fit the mk nova very well then? do u know of any others that may fit nicely?

jbowman
24-01-06, 01:05 PM
Polo lights will fit but it still involves a little fettling with the slam panel and the front grill - only if your up for it. Not to sure about the wing and the indicators. Not as much work as in putting in corsa or golf lights. best thing to do is to pop into your local scrappies n geting one of these mk4 polo lights, doesnt matter if the glass is smashed all you need is the parameters of the light to see how well it'll fit.
The phase 1 polo mk4 has the cheaper nova look lights (markings on glass) and the phase 2 polo mk4 has the crystal lights. Best to make a mock up using the cheaper lights.

Nova_Houch7
24-01-06, 05:55 PM
k thanks mate, i mihgt just get a body shop to sort some noice lights of suttin else to look a lil different.

jbowman
24-01-06, 07:06 PM
crystal look lights always look sweet on an old skool retro car, jus like the crystals on the mk2 golf.