PDA

View Full Version : rear wheel arches

moxford
16-01-06, 05:38 PM
Hello room, a few months ago i bought my nova 1.2 merit plus, which i am planning to do a little bit of modafiying to it before i set off to the road, the one problem i have encounted is that both real wheel arches have some rusting on the edges and have corroded about a inch of it,How do i put new ones on, do i need to cut and weld or ....pleaseee heellp..

thank you

Adam
16-01-06, 07:43 PM
You could grind all the rot off, this would get rid of the lip too which will help when fitting alloys.

Or cut out the rot, and use a repair panel to replace it.

Jack
16-01-06, 09:22 PM
Removing and replacing the whole arch would be best in the long term if the rust has caught on quite bad. www.sel-imperial.co.uk can supply panels cheap, although the quality of fitment can vary.

moxford
18-01-06, 04:25 PM
ok thank you for the help.if i buy new panels i will have to weld them my self will i?or get a professial to do it,how much routhly will it cost to get some1 to do it? you havent got any good guides to welding have you? thank you

moxford

Iain
18-01-06, 04:56 PM
Best off asking local bodyshops/welders for a price. A mobile welder across the road from me quoted me ~?40 to remove the old arch and weld the repair panel in place (just the arch, not the full panel)

Adam
18-01-06, 06:15 PM
Your looking at about ?150 per side, for replacement,filling, and spraying at a bodyshop.

moxford
20-01-06, 02:13 PM
thanks for the contribution guys,i think me n my mates dad are going to do the welding on the arches,filling and spraying as im broke at the moment,do you know the cheapest place to buy replacement panels from?
thank you

moxford

Adam
20-01-06, 04:04 PM
http://www.sel-imperial.co.uk/

The fitment might not be 100% tho, so they may need some work to sit right.

You can get just a repair panel for the arch, or a whole new rear quarter.