PDA

View Full Version : Help, electrical.

bump
14-01-06, 06:57 PM
Hello all,

i've got a bit of a big problem, got pulled up on a police random check today, all ok till they got to my brake lights and discovered that they weren't working at all. there appears to be no current getting to them (haven't had a chance to check with multimeter yet as it's too dark). also on the way home my nearside indicator has started flashing quickly and the rear does not flash at all. although the bulb okks to be fine.

have checked the brake pedal switch by removing and pressing it by hand, this makes no difference, and tried using a piece of wire to complete the circuit with no joy.

fuse 7 seems to be fine also.

i'm really stuk with this.

sorry for long post.

cheers

bump

Jon_nova1
15-01-06, 02:18 AM
i'd think it'd indicate dodgy wiring, does your offside rear indicator work?? i'd check the earth on the back, the only one i can think of at this stupid time is dead centre in the middle screwed in just below the metal bar of the lock, otherwise it may be damage to the loom on the rear

also check the rest of the stuff to help solve the problem, does your rear fog and wiper motor work :?:

bump
15-01-06, 12:09 PM
cheers mate. i shall give it a go.

rear fog, reverse lamp. offside indicator all work as well as the tail lights.

i'm thinking that it may well have something to do with an x10 connector. as everything that i am having problems with is connected to it. no idea where it is though. gotta love haynes!

either it's as easy as a loose connection, or going to be hugely complicated.

cheers

bump

bump
15-01-06, 04:56 PM
all fixed,

turns out that both stop and tails had blown as well as the indicator. seems very odd, but no idea how old the bulbs were.

cheers

bump

Jon_nova1
15-01-06, 06:14 PM
just be careful, if all have blown it might not be as simple as a blown blown bulb ;)

bump
15-01-06, 09:32 PM
i think that all the bulbs are really old, they haven't been changed by me, and it was an old lady car previously (used once a week) so no idea there.

going to change the lot and keep an eye on it to see what happens. hopefully they will just be fine.

cheers

bump