PDA

View Full Version : v6 4 stud

novalew
12-01-06, 10:27 AM
i have the calipers (?10) but where can i get 4 stud drilled and cross drilled discs?

Philsutton
12-01-06, 10:30 AM
right ive just fitted cav turbo brakes on to my corsa, the cheaper option instead of getting redrilled is to go an buy disks for an alfa 155 the part number is dsk 651 i think, they are the same dimensions or near enough an 4 stud, only thing is the stud pattern is slightly different so you will need to drill out the existing hole very slightly.
Als where the fuck did you get those calipers for ?10

novalew
12-01-06, 10:48 AM
great news mate. So do u know if these come drilled/cross drilled or is it worth it as i only have a 1.3?

the calipers are off a mate who has bought a scooby doo now

loggyboy
12-01-06, 12:23 PM
great news mate. So do u know if these come drilled/cross drilled or is it worth it as i only have a 1.3?

pointless havin V6 discs on a 1.3m let alone paying for drilled n vented ones
just means u have to have big wheels (15" plus), Discs and pads will be more expensive when they need replacing and you have to get them redrilled for 4stud.

mite as well sell the calipers for profit and fit a set of astra/cav 256mm jobbies. will be more than enough, even if you updrade to a 2.0 16v!
and youl only ned 14" plus rims (not sr/gte alloys tho)

NickWalliams
12-01-06, 04:20 PM
anywhere with a miller and a bit of skill will be able to re-drill the disks for you, wouldnt imagine it would cost much either, Im going to do mine myself in work.

but you wont notice much difference between v6 or ate calipers.

My v6 disks are some of the bought re-drilled ones and too be honest I think who ever drilled them didnt really know what they were doing!

Philsutton
12-01-06, 04:40 PM
^^ thats because they are the discs i told you about lol, they just sell you them. They are the same as fiat, and alfa ones, so need the holes drilling out slightly.