PDA

View Full Version : How to do a twin engined nova

leebo
12-01-06, 01:11 AM
On one of my earler topics it was said that a twin engined is only a bit harder than a mid engined nova. whats involved in makin a twin engined nova? cheers lee

Stuart
12-01-06, 08:05 AM
simply...

put engine in the back of a nova thats already got one in the front. then fanny around linking them up to "work together"

there is no easy answer as you essentially have to do all the engineering yourself lol

leebo
12-01-06, 10:20 AM
Its not that easy then. Think i will just stick to the origanal plan, cheers Stuart

Lee

jon_boy
12-01-06, 12:49 PM
Prob be easier with engines (or gearbox's at least) that have hydraulic clutches. THen link up the clutch master cylinder to both, muck about with the accelerator cable to like both exaclty, sort a gear linkage install the rear engine somehow (space frame the rear?) sort out a rear end that can have hubs etc that accept drive shafts without steering and your away!! Be easier to make a RWD front engine IMO

leebo
12-01-06, 11:16 PM
cheers man

lee

Philsutton
12-01-06, 11:19 PM
accelerator can be done electronically as well like one the new vauxhalls

leebo
12-01-06, 11:41 PM
A rite, i would sooner do a fr than 4wd but i managed to get myself an ex cop 20seh with 35k on it so i was intending on just stickin that into a boot of a nova for a mr project/fun track car. Or could i still use this engine for a fr nova?

Jim Mcrae
13-01-06, 12:02 AM
Regal motorsport did an amazing one. It used two calibra turbos and made i think over 600bhp. And 0 to 60 in 2.8 secs!!!!!!!!! So its not impossibe. It is however illegal to have two engies running at the same time on UK roads. But if you can use just one as well (dont ask me how). It might be alright. Might be worth trying the Regal website.

Stuart
13-01-06, 08:14 AM
regal didnt build it... it was built in germany then registered in the uk since the tax laws in germany are gash.

austin did a F RWD nova.. might be worth talking to him.
but no reason why linking the 2 engines up cant be done easily. i mean you were going to ahve issues getting it all setup in the back and its already there for the front so you jsut need to think creatively about it.

Jon_nova1
13-01-06, 09:50 AM
cut out the boot floor and weld an engine bay into the back

leebo
13-01-06, 08:55 PM
Will be worth lookin at if i come accross another 20seh. Well i end up stickin an engine into the boot it wouldnt be hard to add one to the front i guess. cheers for all comments lads

skud52
15-01-06, 01:38 PM
you will also need to sort out your gear linkage asd you need the front gearbox and the rear gearbox to be engaging into the same gears at the same time

leebo
15-01-06, 02:28 PM
yea, Cheers man