PDA

View Full Version : Twin Webbers

SPipower
11-01-06, 06:47 PM
Hey peops i am gettin some twin webbers and manifold with K&N from a mate and he claims there off a vauxhall the carbs are manual and i am wanting to put them on my 1.2i nova how would i do this? remove carb with injector and ECU or would that just totally screw the car up, basically i dunno wether to refurblish them and get a mark 2 astra and put them on there or just take apart my nova to put them on if anyone has done a conversion on one of these i will need some advice....HELP!! :D

Adam
11-01-06, 07:34 PM
You would need a 1.4SR t40 carb inlet(square ports)
TBH, i wouldn't bother on a 1.2i.
Altho, i dont know if anyone has ever put t40s on a 1.2spi engine.

You would need remove standard inlet, injection tb,dizzy and coil(as you would need a dizzy off a 1.4SR) and then remove the injection loom and ecu.
Save the money, or buy them and put them on a better engine.

JAMIEP
13-01-06, 06:06 PM
How much would i gain do u think if i put twin40s on 1.4sr??? cheers

Nick
13-01-06, 06:28 PM
not a massive amount really.

at the end of the day, the enigne will only beable to intake as much fuel/air as it's degree of gasflow allows.

With a good head and a higher lift performance camshaft, you could see it over 100-105.

SRlew
13-01-06, 07:40 PM
im going to wait and get a cam and head before i buy and put on twin 40's on my SR.

what do you need to change on the 1400 SR to put twin carbs on then?

Adam
13-01-06, 07:48 PM
im going to wait and get a cam and head before i buy and put on twin 40's on my SR.

what do you need to change on the 1400 SR to put twin carbs on then?
The inlet, for a t40 one.
If you buy a kit from www.tuning.co.uk
You will get the seals etc,
you also need a linkage kit.
And will need the carbs setting up.

BUT, swap your head for a SRI head, then use a GTE t40 inlet.
THe sri head along should add about 6-8bhp.

womble sri
14-01-06, 12:13 PM
as said get all that stuff i have a spare manifold for twin 40s for an sr square port style. but again as said use the sri head its much better that is what i am doing and if i were you id wait save some money and get a cam a pretty much standard engine with twin 40s is just a big waste of petrol is quite a big gain but still nothing special

Snowface
14-01-06, 02:30 PM
putting any carb on an spi or mpi also usually requires a dizzy from a 1.3 or 1.4sr, and a low pressure fuel pump regulated to 3psi.

(spi pump is 12psi and mpi is 45psi iirc)

SPipower
14-01-06, 06:42 PM
Well i have found the exact carb on the net of what i have, much to my surprise,

Manta 1.8 Weber 32/34 DMTL Carb Kit ? 225.00

Manta 1.8S replacement Weber 32/34 twin choke carburettor kit. The carb kit is complete with all fittings, instructions and is a direct replacement for the standard Varajet II carb. Will use the standard air cleaner or choose a Weber filter below. Gives improved throttle response and performance.

its on the http://www.tuning.co.uk/vauxshop/ website fantastic

Riggy
14-01-06, 06:52 PM
you cant have that carb if you have a 1.2i mate

SPipower
14-01-06, 07:00 PM
gonna strip it down and rebuild it, i got replacement 1.2 pieburg carb to do aswell so as soon as there rebuilt gonna flog them

lj
14-01-06, 08:16 PM
you need to source certain hoses' too...just taken my carbs off due to not being able to get hose's on... you need astra alternator bracket that drops the alternator lower and a longer bracket for adjustment.... a slighty shorter belt too.....

SRlew
14-01-06, 10:15 PM
cheers long live,

looks like i might just save and do the all the work to it at once now cause iv just kiiled my engine.

if i get head work aswell, shall i do it to the SRi head.

Nick
15-01-06, 02:02 AM
putting any carb on an spi or mpi also usually requires a dizzy from a 1.3 or 1.4sr, and a low pressure fuel pump regulated to 3psi.

(spi pump is 12psi and mpi is 45psi iirc)

i've spoken to about 15 different people regarding a pressure reg.

So far they've all told me that dellorto carbs are perfectly fine using a mech fuel pump - if at all they'l go lean under high RPM.

personally i don't think it's an essential