PDA

View Full Version : PAS in Nova

craig green
10-01-06, 03:35 PM
Anyone fitted the hydraulic setup (Corsa rack etc). do I have to place the Saxo pump in the battery try?

I want to fit a Corsa servo on that side so was wandering if the pump would fit in the same position on the passenger side?

havent got the pump yet (obviously).

Philsutton
10-01-06, 04:54 PM
yes people have fitted PAS to a nova, imo i think its a waste of time. Also why not think about fitting the corsa c colum which is electric as opposed to hydrolic. Think some has done that as well?

SRimon
10-01-06, 05:09 PM
nova_chris is doing it atm i think...

Ste_Nova
10-01-06, 06:13 PM
late corsa b/corsa c column.... easy to fit if you have the inside of the car stripped and a welder

Big_Chap
10-01-06, 06:59 PM
is this better than the quik raks?

nova---chris
10-01-06, 07:09 PM
the rack is a different component to the column.

If you fit a corsa epas column then you will need to have the ecu that controls it modified. But it saves having a pump and piping ect ect.

skud52
10-01-06, 08:05 PM
with the corsa item, do you need to fit a abs sensor to get a speed rating as the powered steering only works at low speeds?

Mark Beeson
10-01-06, 11:57 PM
no you dont need a speed rating sensor. Just a 70A relay.

Ive got the full saxo/corsa setup on my car with a rally quick rack. Personally i this its great. Ignore people who havnt even tried it as they dont know what there on about. Really does make a big difference. With a quickrack you need to turn the wheel less thus the steering is alot heavier. Mate this to a heavy big block engine and low speed streering is hard and not presise. You still get pleanty of feedback.

The alternative is the EPAS setup. I dont know alot about this but I know its a dashout job and welding plates to the bulkhead. The fuse box needs to be moved and the ecu needs to be moddified by Harry hockley or simular. This wasnt available when I did power steering

The pump can be mounted anywhere as long as its above the rack. Rally novas mount them inside the car above the passengers feet. You would just need to get the pipes made up .I paid ?30

nova---chris
11-01-06, 07:31 AM
Agree with mark.

Try using a nova with big block and slicks and a quick rack. It really is hard work. I thinkt he power steering will be worth the effort. Its just having time and patience to get things right.

Thought about going a simlar way to yours mark. but with the epas being available it was just alot easier. Altho the ecu modding prices are fecking crazy!!!!!

Stuart
11-01-06, 08:13 AM
chris id like to ahve a look see in the ecu at some point to see what was actually modded ;)

craig green
11-01-06, 01:35 PM
I am fully aware of the types of PAS available to Nova's.

My question was... to anyone that has done the hydraulic setup (MARK BEESON), would it be possible to mount/fit the Saxo pump on the passenger side of the scuttle/battery tray.

Although I am relocating the battery to the boot, this is ideally so I can fit the corsa pedal box & servo. If I have to put the PAS pump in the battery tray then I cant use the corsa servo & pedal box.

CG