PDA

View Full Version : middle box

-Greg-
09-01-06, 06:19 PM
im thinking of taking of the middle box and putting a stright bit of pipe there to make the exhaust louder but does anyone know what it would sound like?
cheers greg

diablo007
09-01-06, 06:21 PM
itll be loud...but more annoying that anything else. and itll more than likely get u pulled by the pigs!!

BLUE NOVA BOY
09-01-06, 06:40 PM
i took mine off and made it straight through and it wasent to loud, and it can also add a few bhp in some cases :D

JAMIEP
09-01-06, 10:48 PM
Took mine off 2 sounds much better now....had a peco backbox n didnt sound much different to a standard 1 until i took out the middle silencer!

leebo
09-01-06, 11:41 PM
what about a standered line, remove the center box but leave the end standered. would that make a difference to the performance without to much extra noise?

Adam
10-01-06, 01:18 PM
Removing the middle box wont really change performance that much, as its a straight through type silencer as standard, so its not very restrictive.

Ste L
10-01-06, 01:46 PM
could reduce power due to lack ot back pressure, in some cases

SuperNova!
11-01-06, 10:21 AM
I cut my middle box and welded a bit of pipe in-between, It did sound very loud with magnex backbox but after a few weeks the noise done my head in so I changed it,

As ste said I also lost power due to a small engine 1.2i by losing backpressure.

hope this helps

cheers

-Greg-
11-01-06, 06:08 PM
if its gunna sound crap whats the cheapest full system you can get? as i dont wanna go down the road sounding a dick
cheers guys
greg

SuperNova!
11-01-06, 07:15 PM
Dont get me wrong it sounded good although I didnt have the power so it made loads of noise and didnt realy go far which I didnt like,

In my opinion if you want it loud then cut it off or if your near south wales you can have my middle pipe with the silencer already cut out.

dave

Adam
11-01-06, 07:37 PM
Sportex and Ashley are about the cheapest new full systems.

www.tuning.co.uk
Sell sportex

http://www.raldes.co.uk/
Sell Ashley

-Greg-
11-01-06, 11:17 PM
ok cheers guys

SRlew
12-01-06, 09:09 PM
i actually done mine bout 2days ago, iv got an ashley backbox on it aswell.

mine sounds nice, its got alot more crackle to it compered to the standard ashley system, and it pops more which i love :lol:
i got told mine would be well loud but actually it aint. going to get my brother to drive it so i can actually hear it.

and to be honest it feels a little quicker. my brother drove it first. and he got out and was like, 'no way its quicker, im getting mine done'
its got a little bit more ecceleration, every little helps right.

and i'll have more power to match the noise soon cause im getting carbs.

-Greg-
12-01-06, 11:41 PM
what do ashley systems and sportex systems sound like? my mate told me that ashley systems are very loud and sound good but he had it on a 205 gti so it could be different for a nova i dont no alot about sportex so i dont no how good they would be
greg

Adam
13-01-06, 12:20 AM
what do ashley systems and sportex systems sound like? my mate told me that ashley systems are very loud and sound good but he had it on a 205 gti so it could be different for a nova i dont no alot about sportex so i dont no how good they would be
greg
Ashley and Sportex are very much alike.
They sound nice, not too loud, but a nice deep burble.
I recommend Ashley, which seem to fit better than Sportex as well.
And are cheaper.

SRLEW-It depends what you call loud tho, it might not seem loud to you, but ask someone with a 3box Magnex system if it seems loud to them :wink: lol

SRlew
13-01-06, 07:27 PM
yer i see where your coming from long live the nova.

it isnt much louder than the standard ashley, i only just noticed the difference at first.

it does get a bit loud at 5k, i was going down the motorway the night i put it on and it made my ear feel like it was bout to blow up but im gettin used to it now. i have to have the window open thou cause i like the noise it makes.

my brother had a brand new ashlet system which i got off him cheap so i thought i might aswell get somthing different done to it.

also what do cherry bomb rear backbox sound like? with my straight trough aswell?

cheers, lew

Adam
13-01-06, 07:51 PM
also what do cherry bomb rear backbox sound like? with my straight trough aswell?

cheers, lew
Louder,lol.
Personally, i would just stick with the Ashley backbox.
You need some backpressure in the exhaust system.