PDA

View Full Version : starter problems

BLUE NOVA BOY
09-01-06, 05:36 PM
just desided to put my nova back on the road, but when i went out to it the starter was clicking so put a new one on and its still doing it, any ideas? :?

Philsutton
09-01-06, 05:41 PM
have you check that your battery has enough charge, or that you earths are working good, as they can all do simliar things.

BLUE NOVA BOY
09-01-06, 05:46 PM
have you check that your battery has enough charge, or that you earths are working good, as they can all do simliar things.

was a new battery but put a booster pack on aswell for extra charge and its still doing it, earth seems ok

diablo007
09-01-06, 06:27 PM
is it a brand new starter?

BLUE NOVA BOY
09-01-06, 06:32 PM
is it a brand new starter?

yeh its brand new, even took it back off and tested it incase it was faulty,put it back on and it just clicks :?

Riggy
09-01-06, 06:55 PM
earth probelam mate

most comon place to look is the g/box earth strap

what year nova is it

before 91 it will be on the inner chassis leg and go to a bolt on the edge of the g/box behind passenger wheel

91 and after it will go from the battery do towards where the starter bolts to the g box

have you left it of when you re fitted starter ?

BLUE NOVA BOY
09-01-06, 07:36 PM
earth probelam mate

most comon place to look is the g/box earth strap

what year nova is it

before 91 it will be on the inner chassis leg and go to a bolt on the edge of the g/box behind passenger wheel

91 and after it will go from the battery do towards where the starter bolts to the g box

have you left it of when you re fitted starter ?

its a 91 j, i put it back on but mabe its not gettin a good conection :?

BLUE NOVA BOY
13-01-06, 04:36 PM
checked all my earths and it still is just clicking away, taken starter back out and it works out of the car, put it back in and it clicks any ideas?