PDA

View Full Version : E-tech Strut Brace...

Martin
09-01-06, 11:34 AM
Hi All... i've never fittted one before... does it just bolt onto my struts... and then i tighten it all up??

Martin

SuperNova!
09-01-06, 01:12 PM
Hi mate Pretty straight forward, on your top mounts there are 2 I think 13mm nuts or perhaps 10mm too cold to go outside and look!

Undo the nuts on each side and put the strutbrace on it can be a bit fiddly and the airbox may get in the way but it will go on, adjust the strutbrace if you have an adjustable one to make it fit.

Then just simply put the 13mm nuts back on with the strutbrach in place use washers if the holes in the strutbrace are too big.

Then just whack them up in order ie: tightning the top one up a bit and then the bottom one to make sure it goes on even and to prevent cross threading, do it up pretty tight but dont overdo it you dont want to wreck the threads and that should be job done.

when I done mine i found it tightened up the front end quite noticably.

Martin
09-01-06, 01:18 PM
oki cheers supernova.... will it still fit witha corsa air box?

So it does work then and not just look good in the bay... does it help cornering at speed?

Cheers Martin

SuperNova!
09-01-06, 01:26 PM
Yeah it will fit with a corsa airbox because they are smaller than standard nova ones and

I found that fitting the strutbrace did make the whole front end of the car feel much stiffer on cornering as it keeps the struts in line and stops them moving while under pressure.

As said they also look good and I think they are a worthwile purchase.

Now get it on!

Martin
09-01-06, 01:33 PM
lol i wil do....

Cheers for the help m8.. i'l post some pics up later

Martin

Ste L
09-01-06, 01:39 PM
i've heard these e-tec one's fit valvers still with the sfi box, is that true?

SRlew
09-01-06, 02:26 PM
just been looking at strut braces actually. i want one that isnt ajustable. iv seen one somwhere but dont remember what make it was.

Martin
10-01-06, 04:20 PM
got it on.. i just need 2 get a corsa air box now lol

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/Martain_novalicious/Martain23.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/Martain_novalicious/Martain24.jpg

Martin

nova---chris
11-01-06, 07:33 AM
e tech will fit with a valver conversion. i ran one on my valver with twin carbs. so yes it fits.