PDA

View Full Version : Flusing Tailgate away!

Anonymous
27-04-01, 10:32 PM
To flush the tailgate I should get a metal plater welded over the number plate recess on the tailgate... then I must full the remaing smaller recess with body filler? is this right? no way can the metal plate be welded to match the rest of the tailgate is there?

Anonymous
28-04-01, 01:09 AM
ad m8, told u how its done...

its either fibreglassed over the area, or a metal plate is welded BELOW the flush surface, then filler is applied to make the surface flush with the rest of the boot...

simple, cept u need to move No plate, and aint sure on how to attach to bumper

Anonymous
28-04-01, 03:17 PM
http://www.novauk.homestead.com/FlushingTailgate.html this site has a guide on flushing your tailgate if its any help :)

Anonymous
30-04-01, 04:45 PM
Rich P, put your number plate into your bumper like on 306's.

Which W4nker made nova's with a 49 offset !!!!!

Anonymous
30-04-01, 06:27 PM
or screw it to da bottm of tha bumper wid bumper lights off a ford <==(sorry)==> transit to illuminate it.

Anonymous
08-05-01, 07:36 PM
My tailgates just been flushed, i welded a plate in the recess leaving a small gap around the edge to blend it in with filler which i left the bodyshop to do and it cost me easily 3 hrs welding and 70quid to get the thing filled and primed....

now ive gotta fill/fibreglass the novadose bumper no plate light and then fix the number plate on somewhere else AND somehow illuminate it and spray the tailgate......

Was it worth it??????!

Anonymous
08-05-01, 10:55 PM
sam use the numberplate lights of an old transit van or similar they will sit either side of yer plate ;)