PDA

View Full Version : isuzu 1.7 td into a nova 1.5 td

Nova tdi
08-01-06, 05:39 PM
hey folks

is it a stright swarp into the nova ore.................?

and do you have enyone tune this engine and is it a good engine

don?t mind my spelling I am from Denmark

I am use too conversions whit nova?s so fill me ind onn what I need

thansk

Dod
08-01-06, 07:52 PM
Hi mate. I think that there is one or two engine mounts that will need changing or altering/modifying. Apart from that i think its all a straight swap. Tuning the 17TD is fairly easy and becoming more common. I saw one in Total Vauxhall that had 130BHP.

Nova tdi
08-01-06, 08:26 PM
hey Dod

thanks

130bhp got too bee a lot of fun hehe

I think it is the RH front engine mount that is driffent maby it is the same as a normal engine mount on the nova...? enyone....

Dod
08-01-06, 09:47 PM
To be Honest I'm not too sure but i will try and find out. If you have no reply from me in two days, send me a PM to remind me.

Nova tdi
08-01-06, 10:58 PM
thanks buddy

i?ll doo that

burgo
08-01-06, 11:40 PM
i thought it was a straight swop and those engines are so easy to tune

amggsi
09-01-06, 12:34 PM
I was told that the 1.5td was the better engine of the two, and responded to tuning a lot better??? :?

CorsaCruiser
09-01-06, 02:54 PM
Putting it in a Nova isn't easy:
RH-side engine mount is different, (maybe you can put the 1.5 mount on the 1.7...don't know as i haven't touched a 1.7 yet)

the turbo is bigger, therefore the alternator sits lower and you'll have to modify both support and alternator(with a grinder) to clear the chassis. (and you have to use an alternator support from a corsa/astra/cav)

The 1.7TD's have an intercooler, try fitting that in a nova with a diesel radiator in the way.

You'll probably have to put the 1.5 flywheel and starter on the 1.7 (different gearbox,flywheel & starter)

and grind a bit off(the block) to fit the gearlinkage. These two bumps are in the way:
http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/cw.jelsma/Corsa%20%28143%29.jpg