PDA

View Full Version : fitting digi dash's

SRlew
07-01-06, 10:16 PM
right can get hold of a digi dash that comes with every thing i think. but am woundering how hard are they to fit? any links to guides or any thing would be usefull cheers chaps!

cheers, lew

Ste L
07-01-06, 11:29 PM
in a mk1 or mk2?

Tazzy
08-01-06, 01:30 AM
from the astra gte?

i had one with the AK transducer from the 8v GTE (i think the other is an AH from the 16v GTE, could be wrong!)

the only wire i had was the thin blue one, i didnt think it was going to work, so i swapped it for the nova gte clocks, the guy then got digi working in his gte!

basically, i dont think you need all the wiring, as long as you have the rev cable!

Spudly
08-01-06, 04:51 PM
If the link still works (cos it dont sometimes) try nova-land.com i got my diagram from there, its not that hard jus a bit scary cos u gotta chop off the plug that goes in the bk of your clocks and wire the GTE one onto your novas loom, as long as u got a decent diagram its easy, and the sender uses one signal wire an a power n earth, if you cant get hold of a sender an u can find a mk2 1.2i in scrappy they got a sender that will work i used one on mine an the speedo was spot on!!!!

SRlew
09-01-06, 08:55 AM
he said hes got the mini loom and the speed sensor.

its out of a mk2 16v.

and mines a mk1.
will it fit in the dash alright then aswell?
will it work then?

cheers lew

Ste L
09-01-06, 09:54 AM
pain in the ass on a mk1, need to chop the dash abit and mod it so the clocks fit

also heard you need to remove dash, but im not 100% on that one

SRlew
09-01-06, 10:06 AM
right i might leave it then.

just looked at the guide on nova-land and seems like alot of work and its the 16v one so not as nice anyway.

cheers all.

Ste L
09-01-06, 01:41 PM
i prefer tje 16v digi dash, thats what i've got, think it looks better than the tick style

SRlew
09-01-06, 02:18 PM
yer just been looking at a picture of one and they are nice actually. but i still think its a lot of work, so doubt i'll bother and im now using that money towards my buckets which im bout to order :D

cheers, lew

Ste L
09-01-06, 02:22 PM
might aswell throw in a mk2 dash, look better than mk1 anyway,
very easy to do, plus makes fitting the digi dash easier :lol:

Riggy
09-01-06, 06:57 PM
lol beat me to it ste

mk2 dash it lad and then fit the digi

you wont regret it :lol:

SRlew
10-01-06, 10:00 AM
does it fit alot easier then with a mk2 dash, cause i was debating if i should fit a mk2 dash any way.