PDA

View Full Version : 20SEH into a nova

leebo
07-01-06, 08:03 PM
Hey, think i have the engine for my RWD nova, its a 20SEH with 35000 on it. What im wondering is will all the water pipes and rad from a 1.2 or somethin like that fit or will i need the ones from the car its coming out of??

cheers lee

Dod
08-01-06, 07:59 PM
Being RWD mate, your engine is going to sit at a 90deg angle as opposed to the way it usually sat so none of the Engine and water pipes will fit. My advice is get the engine in first and then get custom ones made to suit.

leebo
08-01-06, 08:46 PM
sorry mate should of said that i was stickin the engine into back by cuttin the front of an old nova and welding it into the boot.

Lee
08-01-06, 09:03 PM
Ive said this about another car thats having the same thing done on another thread mate, doing that will make the thing totally undrivable IMO, unless you put a load of ballast in the front which will make it uber heavy, so you may as well go the whole hog and make it twin engined LOL.

But i also said i hope im proved wrong cos it will be a riot, but porsche took years to get it right, and theyre German LOL

Stuart
08-01-06, 09:11 PM
put the rad in the front end. might aswell fit the biggest rad you can. then get a load of samco straight hose to make up the lines. maybe put an electric pump in to assist the extended flow

Dod
08-01-06, 10:01 PM
put the rad in the front end. might aswell fit the biggest rad you can. then get a load of samco straight hose to make up the lines. maybe put an electric pump in to assist the extended flow

Plumb the Feed and Return through the Passenger side of the Bulk Head using Aluminium or Copper Pipes. As said the bigger the Rad the better. With all that water flowing through the system, you'll need to keep it all as cool as possible mate. And as said by B T, make it twin engined. Its not gonna be much more difficult than making it Mid/Rear engined.

leebo
08-01-06, 10:50 PM
I was considering putting ballast into the front as you mite of seen from a earlyer topic casue thats one of my conserns. I would have no idea on how to run a twin engined nova but im open to bein educated on that though.

I was hoping to have a fun rwd nova without having to go through the trouble of makin it a fr

leebo
09-01-06, 11:32 PM
Drive shafts? for got to ask also if the i need the drive shafts or would a 1.2 shafts do the job?