PDA

View Full Version : speedo

novalew
06-01-06, 07:22 PM
how can i make another cars clocks like golf or Audi work in my Nova, i can do all the wiring except the speedo any ideas anyone?

novalew
06-01-06, 07:36 PM
what about vx220 clocks?

loggyboy
07-01-06, 12:24 AM
If mechanical drive then it would be difficult mathcing cables etc.

If vx220 use same system as elise (which im pretty sur it does) it works on an ABS style sensor on the driveshaft to sense the speed. - so just a matter of adapting that or hopinf the stack system uses similar pulses to the Astra digi dashes (u have to choices of them AK and AH style, so its possible i guess.)

however my idea was to find a CV from a corsa with an ABS ring and try to adapt that on to the nova.
small chance of it being accurate, but speedos can be calibrated so its certainly possible.

Riggy
07-01-06, 11:04 AM
speak to nova chris

he has done the vx220 clocks :lol:

novalew
08-01-06, 11:41 AM
someone told me if i a dash was mechanial to just split the nova and other cable join them together and make sure it is fairly tight! Woild this work?

Stuart
08-01-06, 03:21 PM
that idea would work, but most "modern" dash displays either use CAN or nick the signals off the ABS modules...

you have to make an electronic adaptor for the astra digi dash transducer -> vx220 dash... try pming lee303 on mig/pvg