PDA

View Full Version : sunstrip, true?

Anonymous
24-04-01, 09:10 PM
A bloke today told me that if I went for an M.O.T then I would fail because my wipers go over my sunstrip this is b*****ks isn't it?

Anonymous
24-04-01, 11:49 PM
yep it's true,i've bin told that aswell (from the M.O.T shop) f*ck it there only 8 - 10 quid, rip it off then bang another on after

Beware of the voices!! they tell me to do it

Anonymous
25-04-01, 05:54 PM
mine failed mot but my strip was nearly a 3rd of my screen

Anonymous
25-04-01, 07:21 PM
I dont fancy ripping mine off as it cost me ?15 as I have writing over the top of it and it took F*****G ages to put on! ill have to find smaller wipers or somthing!

Anonymous
25-04-01, 09:03 PM
i was talking to a mate off mine who is a mot tester he said it only comes down to the tester he said theres no fixed law about strips only the screen viewing area he said he has never failed one because peeps would only renew it as soon as it left the garage

Anonymous
26-04-01, 11:16 AM
I agree with Keith, when i had my MOT it failed on a few things including the Sunstrip. After i saw to the bits that needed doing, i took it to a different MOT center and it passed with the same Sunstrip on! 5" jobbie!:D

Anonymous
01-05-01, 12:13 AM
umm arse

Anonymous
01-05-01, 04:39 AM
I'm good mates with the bloke at my garage, so it's a case of "what sunstrip? I don't see a sunstrip!"

As far as I'm concerned anyway, whilst mine is bloody huge (almost 1/3 of the screen...I didn't plan on it being that big!), I can still see the entire road, and the buildings up to as high as I need to for driving (and I can still see traffic lights).
The only thing I can't see much of, is the sky and since it's not a plane, why would I need to see the sky?
My wipers do go over the sunstip, but only 'cos I've fitted longer than standard blades. Just fit shorter blades for the test :D

Anyway, what about when you've got a single wiper.....surely that's going to go over the sunstrip, whatever size it is!

My car is safer to drive now anyway, 'cos in the past, when the sun was low in the sky, I'd still get dazzled 'cos the standard visors aren't big enough, and there's huge gaps at the sides.....I've not got this problem anymore....to be honest, I don't need the visors at all!

Anonymous
01-05-01, 05:56 AM
This link tells all you need to know about the MOT test, and windscrees:

http://www.motuk.co.uk/manual_610.htm