PDA

View Full Version : extras for the conversion

Tazzy
05-01-06, 03:10 PM
in about an hour im going to be phoning someone who can get me the 1.6 carb engine for the project sr, so apart from block and gear box, what else wil i need, fuel pump?

cheerz!

Mike
05-01-06, 08:34 PM
Pump and tank. Not sure what pump though, prolly SR one?

May be worth while to put all new TCA's on steering rack and new engine mounts in to. Whilst the old engine is out, check the bay for any rust spots.

Brakes and decent suspension would also be a good idea?

Mike

Tazzy
06-01-06, 07:24 PM
i phoned the surplyer, im also buying 2x gte servo/master cylinders and a gsi windscreen

i am also having a gte engine, 1.6 8v block, f13cr box, fuel pump, ecu, ignition coil, fueling system and outlet manifold for ?150, is that good?

before i do the conversions to both cars, im upgrading both sets of brakes to the 16V ATE set up!

jack_b
07-01-06, 08:59 PM
i am also having a gte engine, 1.6 8v block, f13cr box, fuel pump, ecu, ignition coil, fueling system and outlet manifold for ?150, is that good?

is that good? thats great.

Jack
07-01-06, 09:39 PM
Assuming that's ?150 for the engine, box and ancillaries thats not bad.

Tazzy
08-01-06, 01:24 AM
and the guy will drop it to where i want, which will most likly be my bodyshop, as they do anything, even engine conversions!

will a the 1.6 gte engine and extras fit straight in and work in a corsa 1.4 sri?

cheerz!

Jon_nova1
08-01-06, 09:11 AM
I don't think youll need the petrol tank if your getting a carb :?

Tazzy
08-01-06, 01:08 PM
im not having the fuem tank, but am having the fuel pump, its not going to be a carb engine, its going to be the mpi engine from the gte, to go in my corsa sri, which is mpi!

Tazzy
13-01-06, 03:20 PM
ive ordered the engine and all bits needed for it, ive got it sorted to drop the engine and the car to the bodyshop for the conversion, but...

at the moment, the 1.4 is fu ck ed, theres a rattling sound, which got me thinking, what if the gte engine is like it? what if it doesnt even start? what if i spend about ?400 on an engine that doesnt work, im gonna be stuck with a dead corsa on my drive away, along with 2 dead novas i have!

what am i gonna do?

cheerz!