PDA

View Full Version : What annoys you on the road?

Tazzy
05-01-06, 12:37 PM
people driving to close behind you? people driving too slow? people not indicating? roundabouts where they aint really needed? speed cameras where they aint needed?

for me, its a minor thing, its when people dont check their lights, and have either a headlight or tail light out, or even an indicator, like they cant tell when an indicator bulb has blown, so many people in brum have their lights out and never check them, and dont get stopped by the police!

yet i get stopped just for driving a certain car!

another one is when statioary in a que at lights, and people are so for in my boot they can hear what music im playing, whats the point, we aint going anywhere, what if someone hits them? if i cant see their headlamps, theyre are too close!

has no one heard of the phrase "tyres and tarmac" ?

Martin
05-01-06, 12:47 PM
calm down lol... wat pisses me of is ppl in chav'd up cars.. saxo and tha odd nova etc... does my head in the think they ace... and ppl who think because you own a nova you will race ppl all the time lol

Martin

Dar
05-01-06, 12:50 PM
Bad driving in general annoys me but I don't let it stress me out. I just look out for it and avoid it as much as possible. For example if I see a bad driver on a motorway I make sure im not near them, if I have to overtake them then I make sure its done quickly.

My biggest pet hate is when you let someone out and they do not thank or acknowlage you, ignorant bastards!

Ste L
05-01-06, 01:09 PM
My biggest pet hate is when you let someone out and they do not thank or acknowlage you, ignorant ba***d!

i hate that too, so anoying

Stuart
05-01-06, 01:11 PM
hmmm things that annoy me lol
People driving about with their fogs on when there is a) not enough fog to warrent them, or b) no fog.
People getting irate with me for my traffic jam handling technique.. you let the car infront go about 5 car lengths ahead, you then move off fairly slowly, by which time the car infront has stopped but you keep crawling along and by the time you get to needing to stop the car infton usually moves on in the stop/start method, so you get to keep moving... yet people behing get irate about this but ive saved them from having to stop start etc.. meh
As dar said people who dont thank you for letting them out.
I dont mind slow drivers as such (eg 50 in a 60) BUT what really riles me is when they dont drive at a consistent speed eg 50 upto 60 down to 40 back to 50 for a bit etc for no good reason.

if someone cuts me up /gets me angry i jsut wave and blow them a kiss, makes me laugh and them get angrier and confused

Tazzy
05-01-06, 01:11 PM
another thing i hate is when people are in the wrong lane, that happened to me yesdersay, almost took my front end off, some vvanker in a white fan was in the left hand lane, i was in the right hand lane to go straight on, and he cut straight across me without indicating!

another thing i hate is when people put their side lights on but have fogs on, why? it looks shit anyway!

novalovingned
05-01-06, 01:24 PM
things that piss me off is my birds driving (she shouldnt be driving) but the worst thing is slow drivers doing like 40 in a 50 and the wounder y u r pissed off there should be a min speed limit it would stop accidents cause how many times have u come fleein round a corner and there is a car doing half the speed limit. another thing is buses and lorries just pull out on round abouts cause they know that u have to stop cause i will come off worst :twisted:

Tazzy
05-01-06, 01:53 PM
another thing is when you see a car approaching a junction in fornt of you, you expect them to wait but they pull out in front of you and drive at 20mph causing you to slow down, even though theres plenty of room behind you for them to pull out!

craig green
05-01-06, 02:01 PM
hmmm things that annoy me lol
People driving about with their fogs on when there is a) not enough fog to warrent them, or b) no fog.

Usually Ford Fiesta's oddly.

I hate middle lane hoggers on the motorway. If I were one I think it would be blindingly obvious I was in the wrong. Everyone else overtaking & returning to the slow lane, constant beeping, flashing & waving of fists.

Poor courtesy is highly annoying.

Finally, hesitation @ junctions & roundabouts. Collision potential is huge.

sickrabbit
05-01-06, 02:31 PM
Mobile phone users -who barge around onto your lane without indication.
No gratitude signals from those who you give way to. Youngsters on mopeds . Tailgaiters > Idiots who reckon all "tarted " Novas have warp drive either cut you up or chastise you to speed up ( race ?) or belt pass you and cut in late . Ignorants at lights who stop with about 6 car lengths in front of em in space , crawl thru the lights so all behind get caught when the lights change. Taxi drivers. Anyone who cuts into your lane via the inside on roundabouts.

Lastly - road surfaces - anyone on this site ever driven thru or around Bedford ? We have craters and potholes , dropped drain and manhole covers , and badly repaired surfaces so uneven using a mountain bike is hazardous !!

End of sermonn.

N0V4TAKA
05-01-06, 04:04 PM
i hate all the pot holes in the road thats the most annoying thing for me

Jack
05-01-06, 05:36 PM
Right, this could be a fun post :lol:

1/ Foglights when its not foggy. Saxos and beemers round here seem to be the worst. Although if they have trouble seeing a little warning light on their dash in daylight the whole place probably does look foggy to them.

2/ People in front who sit on their brakes on in traffic. Pisses me off no end.

3/ Lane hoggers on Motorways. Its not a "fast" lane. Get the fcuk over.

4/ Trucks overtaking each other on motorways. Specifically at 1mph differences in speed.

5/ Chavs in general. Especially those who have aircraft style alloy wings bolted to the back of their FWD small engined hatchbacks. There's a green clio round here who's got one on back to front as well, i.e. providing lift lol

6/ 4x4s in general. Mostly when they're sat behind you with their headlights illuminating the road ahead better than your own. As well as the inside of your car. And retinas.

7/ People on motoways who, when being overtaken, wait til your nose is about level with their rear bumper then indicate to pull out, just as you're in their blind spot... they know if they've looked but you don't

8/ Traffic Officers, or whatever they're called. Not official police, but those civilians that have 4x4s liveried up like police vehicles but with black and yellow markings instead of blue and yellow, and red and white lights instead of red and blue. Enough to make people stomp on the brakes when they see them hiding in laybys and bridges (seem to be a lot on the M5 at the mo)

9/ Tailgaters, especially on motorways.

10/ People with badly adjusted headlights. The ones that blind you from your rear view mirror.

11/ People that think because they're xxx metres away it doesn't matter if they have their headlights on full beam because they won't blind you. Yes, they do.

12/ People who drive a constant speed which is anything but a decent one for their speed limit they're in. Those ones who go along at 40 in a 30 but stay at 40 when it becomes a 60 zone.

13/ Old people in general. Especially those who don't have a clue whats going on. I've had two old people pull out in front of me and cause an accident; both of whom were looking directly at me before and whilst they pulled out.

14/ Disabled people in general. Actually, no, disabled parking spaces. If you can't walk an extra 10 paces to get into a shop, should you really be driving?

15/ People who dither at junctions and roundabouts. If you're going to go then go, if not then don't. But FFS don't dither and roll out into the road/roundabout at 3mph in front of me.

16/ Motorbikes. Riders of which seem to think I have 360' vision.

17/ People who get in the wrong lanes on roundabouts. Then proceed to cut me up. Then expect me to move out of their way.

18/ Similar to above, people who have no spacial awareness or who don't have the faintest idea whats going on around them.

19/ People in car parks who open their door as wide as it will go to get in and out. Doesn't matter if my car is in the way. Sorry ladies, but this one seems to be mostly attributed to you.

20/ People who drive through floods with no concern for any car coming the other way.

21/ People who can't drive in snow and ice. Funny to watch, but not so funny when they're sliding towards your car, wheels furiously spinning.

Philsutton
05-01-06, 06:03 PM
lol i feel im on the same level as you jack so i'll copy some of yours.

1. Taxi's ( they cover all of the following as well.)

2. People who drive around with full beam on an blid you at night ( usually bmw drivers)

7/ People on motoways who, when being overtaken, wait til your nose is about level with their rear bumper then indicate to pull out, just as you're in their blind spot... they know if they've looked but you don't

Old people in general. Especially those who don't have a clue whats going on. I've had two old people pull out in front of me and cause an accident; both of whom were looking directly at me before and whilst they pulled out.

16/ Motorbikes. Riders of which seem to think I have 360' vision.

17/ People who get in the wrong lanes on roundabouts. Then proceed to cut me up. Then expect me to move out of their way.

18/ Similar to above, people who have no spacial awareness or who don't have the faintest idea whats going on around them.

19/ People in car parks who open their door as wide as it will go to get in and out. Doesn't matter if my car is in the way. Sorry ladies, but this one seems to be mostly attributed to you.

20/ People who drive through floods with no concern for any car coming the other way.

21/ People who can't drive in snow and ice. Funny to watch, but not so funny when they're sliding towards your car, wheels furiously spinning.

People in company cars as they dont give a fuck what they do to it.

When its bad weather conditions people that over take me at 100mph because im doing 30 in thick fog only to wonder why they hit that other car head on. Shame these people dont kill themselves as it would make the roads a bit safer.

Stuart
05-01-06, 06:59 PM
people on the motorway doing about 65mph, so you pull out to pass them, they see that your trying to pass so they accelerate with you....

novalovingned
05-01-06, 07:06 PM
uz are a fussy bunch arnt u (lol)
but everything that u have said is very very true!!!! :lol:

novalovingned

womble sri
05-01-06, 07:51 PM
mine has got to be a lorry overtaking another lorry at 52 when the other is driving 50 i always give them a beeb and a finger when they do it

Mike
05-01-06, 08:05 PM
Tailgaitors! i do the old emergency stop trick, really makes them back off!

Taxi's and buses! Oh, white van drivers too!

Those 30 something year olds in suits driving a nice spanky new Mondeo or Vectra doing 65mph in the fast lane on their mobile! i just undertake them in the middle lane and give them the finger :wink:

All in all, this post sum's up that the UK's roads users are, on the majority cr@p?

Mike

Philsutton
05-01-06, 08:09 PM
All in all, this post sum's up that the UK's roads users are, on the majority cr@p?
known that for a long time now, also the majority are tossers in person as well.

Mike
05-01-06, 08:15 PM
known that for a long time now, also the majority are tossers in person as well.

Agreed!

I've only ever meet one considerate UK driver. I ran into the back of someone at a set of traffic lights becuase he managed to stop (emergency stop) in the rain. whereas nova's dont.

I launched him across the lights, so i pulled in to get his details, and he was like 'no dont worry mate, i know it was my fault etc etc' and drove off! :o

Mike

womble sri
05-01-06, 08:26 PM

Agreed!

I've only ever meet one considerate UK driver. I ran into the back of someone at a set of traffic lights becuase he managed to stop (emergency stop) in the rain. whereas nova's dont.

I launched him across the lights, so i pulled in to get his details, and he was like 'no dont worry mate, i know it was my fault etc etc' and drove off! :o

Mike

that is safe i had some one do it to me on purpose and he got out and kicked the s**t out of my already f**k nova so i booted it didnt get his reg he claims and it go's my way. there are some c**ts out there

novamadcars
05-01-06, 09:08 PM
i fooking hate when i giveway and im not ment 2 and thay dont even say thanks

when thay dont use thair indecators

and cocks that rev thair engines up at the red light and thinks im guna race them lol

Mike
05-01-06, 09:24 PM
cocks that rev thair engines up at the red light and thinks im guna race them lol

When im in my sheddy GSi, lil chavs in 1.0/1.2's etc do it all the time, assuming that im in a 1.2/1.0 etc, i let them wheel spin off then rinse past them! :lol: :lol:

Mike

sickrabbit
05-01-06, 09:42 PM
Its hard not to give so folks the finger or hit the horn and give em a look of hate , but I reckon the best way to deal with berks is give em a pip on the horn , grin like mad , wave , and give em the thumbs up . How many of em must go home thinking " who on earth was that ?" Sounds daft but think about it - whan you,ve been pipped ( speshly if your walking ) how many of us immediately put our hands up to wave , realise we,ve no idea of who it was , and feel a right prat ??

I mentioned mopeds in my last posting - 20 mins later a relative of 16 turns up to show off his crimble pressie. A bloody Guillera with racing exhaust and neons. Its unrestricted .

FOR GOODNESS SAKE . :evil:

Jack
06-01-06, 12:02 AM
cocks that rev thair engines up at the red light and thinks im guna race them lol

When im in my sheddy GSi, lil chavs in 1.0/1.2's etc do it all the time, assuming that im in a 1.2/1.0 etc, i let them wheel spin off then rinse past them! :lol: :lol:

Mike
Heh, I get the odd person do that to me, assuming that because my car has a myriad of spoilers and vents that I must have added them myself and therefore must be a chav, and in turn I must have some puny little engine tugging me along

Arf, they soon get corrected

bump
06-01-06, 12:11 AM
cretins in bmw's, mercs and jags that arse about doing 60 on the motorway, till they see a nova about to pass them and then feeling some shame, boot it.

Lee
06-01-06, 09:00 AM
I agree with all jacks comments, so i cant be arsed to post my own.

Apart from the disabled spaces one. Theyre not there to reduce the distance they have to walk, theyre there to give plenty of space next to the car so they can get in and out with theire wheelchairs. Mother and baby spaces on the other hand are fooking stupid! Apparently its to give easy access to prams? WTF! Dont people keep their prams in the boot anymore?

And why, when you pull into an empty car park that has 5 empty disabled spaces next to the front door, do you get discusted looks from old people when you park in them for 2 seconds while you buy a pack of fags???

orange_andy
06-01-06, 09:15 AM
to much to list, so i hate

60% OF DRIVERS, JUST PLAIN OLD BAD DRIVERS ! !

orange_andy
06-01-06, 09:16 AM
I cant handle the stress of someone doing 20 in a 30street main roads here i just bounce rite up there ass, wave scream bang the wheel and go crazy like a monkey, god damn drivers

Lee H
06-01-06, 11:33 AM
People who run red lights at crossroads and roundabouts and almost wipe you out if you set off when your lights are on green.

Philsutton
06-01-06, 11:36 AM
And why, when you pull into an empty car park that has 5 empty disabled spaces next to the front door, do you get discusted looks from old people when you park in them for 2 seconds while you buy a pack of fags???

lmao i did this once an everyone was looking at me an then they came over to say something, it was then i started flashing my disabled badges about. My grandma i disabled so we have the badges ect...They still couldnt work out why a nova is there.

Snowface
06-01-06, 12:51 PM
people on the motorway doing about 65mph, so you pull out to pass them, they see that your trying to pass so they accelerate with you....

lol, yeah i've had that a couple times. I think they think to themselves "I'm not going to get overtaken by a Nova" or something.

Things that annoy me.

Tailgaters - Sometimes i let them do it for a couple mins then accelerate up to 70 and leave them in dust. I normally slow down again so they know i have the capability of going faster than them, but i choose not to.

Second is people sitting in the middle lane on the Motorway.
I make a point of overtaking (sometimes starting from the 'Slow' lane) then going all the way round them and back to the 'Slow' lane. (sometimes they take the hint)

third is people not indicating when turning right at roundabouts.

Foglights can also be annoying.

If people are driving at 50-60 in front of me on A-roads i'm not normally in a hurry.
Its much more relaxing to sit 6 or 7 car lengths behind them and just cruise along at low rev's (christ, sounds like i'm an old man).
If in a hurry then still sit 5 or 6 lengths behind and when theirs a place to over-take then let 3rd gear have some say.

Jack
06-01-06, 05:12 PM
I cant handle the stress of someone doing 20 in a 30street main roads here i just bounce rite up there ass, wave scream bang the wheel and go crazy like a monkey, god damn drivers
I also hate impatient drivers :p

Pinknova
06-01-06, 06:17 PM
I love it when someone tailgates me, I slow right down just to piss them off then pull away and leave them behind :lol:

Worst hate is when the lights are green but the person infront is going that slow that you miss the green and end up stuck at the bloody red light!!! :roll: Old dears usually!!

sickrabbit
06-01-06, 09:01 PM
My attitude to tailgaiters is slow down to a crawl , the proceed back to the roads limit . If they play at it again I,ll stick to the tortoise speed and annoy the feck out of em . This normally happens when they pull up alongside me at a set of lights or roundabout .
The same then applies -smiles grins and even the odd wink....

TAILGAITING IS FOR ADOLECENTS.

Lee
07-01-06, 11:36 AM
My attitude to tailgaiters is slow down to a crawl , the proceed back to the roads limit . If they play at it again I,ll stick to the tortoise speed and annoy the feck out of em . This normally happens when they pull up alongside me at a set of lights or roundabout .
The same then applies -smiles grins and even the odd wink....

TAILGAITING IS FOR ADOLECENTS.

LOL, this works even better if you boot it as soon as an overtaking oppertunity comes up for them. Seriously frustrating lol

mad-driver
07-01-06, 12:27 PM
my mates so funny the slightest thing annoys him, im not quite so bad but things some people do get on my nerves.

Alot of you have already mentioned them but mainly its the people who drive towards you with their full beam on when they can clearly see you (obviously as they have fulll beam on lol)

Also you'd be amazed at how many people forget to put their lights on full stop and wonder why you are flashing them all the time

And taxi's and other d**cks who think its a good idea to stick on your back bumper. I just drive really slow as im sure many of you do

And i do love it when you overtake someone as snowface said "im not bein overtaken by a nova" lol

NickWalliams
07-01-06, 12:41 PM
You all sound like a bunch of stress heads especially you razorjack, you need to chill out there are 30million drivers in britain lets face not everyone is a good driver.

When I drive I look after myself I dont let anyone go out unless its absolutly necessary.

People do annoy me but I usually let it go, apart from the one time some guy didnt want to get overtaken by a nova and nearly killed me, he werent soo clever when the lights were on red! the stupid old tw*t wouldnt get out his car :lol:

Tazzy
07-01-06, 04:41 PM
another thing that annoys me is when im in a que of trafic at lights, the car behind will be right close to my bumper, if i crawl forward an inch, the car behind moves forward an inch, whats the point? i cant FU CK ING go anywhere so whats the point in sticking to my rear bumper!

Jack
07-01-06, 05:57 PM
You all sound like a bunch of stress heads especially you razorjack, you need to chill out there are 30million drivers in britain lets face not everyone is a good driver.
Just because things on the road annoy me doesn't mean they stress me out. If I see someone doing something uber ghey I normally laugh it off at them being a cnut and keep out their way... e.g. if someone comes right up my arse, I'll slow down slightly yes, but not to piss them off, its to give me more room to manouever if I have to stop suddenly so they don't punt me up the arse.

I prefer to see people doing stupid things as then I know who to steer clear of on the road.

Spudly
07-01-06, 06:52 PM
I thought of a good one for tailgaters, run an extra switch to your brake light switch so u can manually turn your brakes on without tryin to left foot brake lol, and the one about ppl assumin your gonna race em cos your in a standard lookin nova with shiny wheels on it, i had some kids in a 16v calibra an their mate in a s4xo vts wantin to race me the other week i tried explainin the relevance of the 1.2 badge on the back of me nov but they wouldnt listen so i waited for both of em to pull past me then let em hear me XE scream at em as i shopt past em then slowed down hehe!!!

Plus i hate the fact ppl just assume your a chav just because the car you drive is a nova "arseholes" hehe!!!!

NickWalliams
07-01-06, 08:04 PM
vts and ctr's are funny the ppl that drive them expect to nail anything! especially a nova :lol:

then they get brought back down to earth with a Bang! :twisted:

Ste_Nova
07-01-06, 09:11 PM
peeps pushing me in a 30 cause i'm not tailgating the car 3 car lenghts infront....

had a guy try and overtake me in this situation i closed the gap.... he pulled back in behind me flashing his lights etc giving me the finger, i slammed on at the next roundabout, he ran into my tow bar.... unlucky :lol:

peeps not getting out of my way on the motorway... it's wet i'm doing 110mph... just cause i'm stupid doesn't mean they have to be by blocking the 3rd lane, same with peeps slamming on cause it's sunny :x

peeps cutting in at roadworks... had a guy next to me his bitch knocked on my window and said "your trailer is wider than the gap my husband is going to leave you so your going to have to let us in" i promply drove forward taking the trailer down the side of their car to which i shouted "wtf u trying to do pulling into my trailer"

Philsutton
08-01-06, 12:35 PM
had a guy try and overtake me in this situation i closed the gap.... he pulled back in behind me flashing his lights etc giving me the finger, i slammed on at the next roundabout, he ran into my tow bar.... unlucky

i do that all the time, if a car is holding everyone up you always get one prick trying to over take about 10 cars in one go, i make sure i close the gap so he either hits the car head on coming the other way or has to pull in behide m, then when he gets an other chance i'll close the gap again until he learns to be patient like the rest of us

Tazzy
08-01-06, 12:51 PM
a few months ago, i was behind a learner driver but i left plenty of space, and as they were driving really slow, so was i, but i had a typical bmw vvanI<er behind me whi tried to overtake me and cut in between me and the leaner as there was a car coming the other way!

i saw him move out so i put my foot down and went up really close to the leaner just out of spite, i must of scared the learner i was almost touching his bumper!

as for the bmw driver, he had to carry on therefore coming on close head on with the oncoming car, the bmw driver just managed to cut back in in timeand cut the learner driver up!

i hate bmw drivers, theyre all vvanI<ers, they drive as if they own the road, so bl00dy annoying!

Philsutton
08-01-06, 12:58 PM
hate bmw drivers, theyre all vvanI<ers, they drive as if they own the road, so bl00dy annoying!

totally agree

Alps Pacino
08-01-06, 02:11 PM
Mine is when your turning right at a roundabout and people pull out of the next entrance into the lane you need to get in to exit the roundabout :evil:

Spudly
08-01-06, 05:05 PM
One ive jus remembered today is has anyone noticed the american style side lights that manufacturers r now puttin on new transit vans an some volvos, they orange and roughly in the place where they indicator should normally be, pull up to a junction or roundabout an look over catch a quick view of what appears to be an indicator an u think cool he turnin in so ill pull out, look bk again an nope its jus a silly light pretendin to be an indictor an u almost pull infront or gotta nail it to get out of the way, or is this just me bein daft????

Will
08-01-06, 05:48 PM
l

People in company cars as they dont give a f**k what they do to it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: