PDA

View Full Version : twin carb throttle linkage cable - single or twin?

tom_beverley
04-01-06, 08:53 PM
Which is better, single throttle cable with the adapter or twin cable with one for each carb?

If I get the twin cable, can I run both of the cables through the existing hole or will I have to drill another hole for the extra cable?

Any help much appreciated

Tom

aswrally
04-01-06, 10:11 PM
twin cables dont run each carb they work together from the same point on the linkage which is what moves the butterflys on the carb
you would need to put an additional hole in the bulkhead and fit an adapter block on the peddle to accomodate the cables
when i ran 40s on my rally car it used the std gte throttle cable with the end modified (ie ball fitting removed) from which i never had a problem with snapped cables etc
if you set the cable and pedal ass up correctly you shouldnt have a problem alot of the time snapped cables are either caused by over stretching on full throttle so fit a stop on peddle when carbs are full open so it isnt pulling on the cable or the second problem using crap old and tired cables

Nick
04-01-06, 11:18 PM
I have a twin cable and twin thorttle linkage...

however, when it was done we just ran one cable through, and used one cable to pull the dual throttle linkage. If it's a bit stiff just remove the snap spring from the un-used side of the linkage and it'l make the accelerator a bit lighter

Mine has been fine, no problems whatso-ever