PDA

View Full Version : keeping the mk1 original looking.... help needed.

1.3sr_kane
04-01-06, 07:07 PM
just a few question's for all of u NL users...

anyone know what kind of vinyl that vaux use on the bottom of the doors??
has anyone used aftermarket stuff? vaux are far too expensive..

anyone know of anywhere near cambridge that would sell it??

i really want to keep my mk1 semi original and it wouldnt look right without the vinyl... so please help me keep it original looking... cheers..

Adam
04-01-06, 07:17 PM
I think most people that want new vinyl just spray below the bump strips instead of using vinyl, it looks just the same.

1.3sr_kane
04-01-06, 07:18 PM
what kind of paint are they using then??
i still want it to be the grey... to keep in with the bumpers...

Adam
04-01-06, 07:22 PM
Theres a member on here with a Jamaican yellow 1.3SR, i think he sprayed his.
I dont know what colour etc people use tho.

Adam
04-01-06, 07:27 PM
http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=2909

Thats the one, IIRC his black side is sprayed, not vinyl, i might have got him confused with someone else tho,lol.

Lee
04-01-06, 07:56 PM
Theres a set of cans you can get designed for spraying bumpers. One can sprays on the dappled effect, then the other sprays on the colour. Cant remember for the life of me what its called, but any good auto paint shop should know what your talking about. If you dont have any luck, ill ask my mate who got it for me, im sure he still has some cans in his garage.

I used it on my old SR and it really looked the bollocks, especially if you spray your bumpers with the same stuff.

1.3sr_kane
04-01-06, 08:00 PM
2 b honest im planning on getting a bodyshop to do it... i dont want the hassle of fu***ng it up and having to redo it... so i think id better save up and see what kind of prices i can get:D

but if u could find out what that paint is called it would be much appreciated as i may get bored and have a go myself :D

lee 16v
05-01-06, 12:40 AM
im going to just paint mine thats what most body shops will do there is a proper nova gray in the book m8.

get a heat gun or ye mums hair dryer out and get all the=at sticker off i would try and keep the bump strips on as i think they might cost alot to buy all new ones.