PDA

View Full Version : MENTAL DASHBOARD,PLEASE HELP!!!!

nova165
03-01-06, 08:23 PM
ALLO people. fitted a 2.0 8 v engine in my nova spin recently.
all working fine, and runs perfect,starts on the button an goes like a train. god bless those bomb proof engines.

my problem lies in my dashboard. basically, window wipers dont work,turn lights on, and indicators come on (not flashing, constantly lit),heater dont work,however brake an reverse lights are fine. is this a problem with earths????

please any help would go a lng way.

kindest regards
dan

Lee
03-01-06, 09:23 PM
Fuck me, that sounds like a mess!! Have you got the Hazard light switch in? Does it work? If the indicators are just staying on, your probably missing a live feed to the relay, or the hazard switch is missing. Fook knows why your light switch is operating the indicators :lol:

Wipers! If you dont have one already, your gonna need a DMM for this task, the wipers are on the same circuit as the clock and the horn IIRC. Do they work? If not, your problem will be at the fusebox end, probably a missing feed you chopped out during the conversion, or a blown fuse. If they do, youll have to check the wiper switch is working with the DMM, and the motor with another unit (borrow someones or get one from a scrappy)then get the DMM on the connector and check the output.

Heater will be much of the same. Check the switch, check the motor and the feed.

I had this problem when i chopped my loom in half to route it through the bulkhead :lol:

beavy69
05-01-06, 12:59 PM
Hi m8 first thing 2 check if you have a mk2 nova is ur hazard switch as they can be problematic. I don't know thw problem myself ( i av mk1) but there's sothing about it somewhere on site.

then check all ur fuses in fuse box. If one has broken it will mean and earthing problem. i.e the electricity is missing what it is supposed to be powering and so has enought power to blow the fuse. this will be caused by a metal contact somwhere that shouldn't be (in my case it was the metal of the fuel and temp guages on my newly made metal control panel so I had to separate them with tape) so insulate everything exposed with insulation tape and make sure nothing metal is touching and causing the problem.

Hope that helps, cant tell alot mor without more info really.

SRlew
05-01-06, 04:13 PM
as for the indicators permantly on and not flashing. that should be a fuse as my brothers xr2 was like that.

lew

Ste L
05-01-06, 05:00 PM
have you bolted the earth back in, in the engine bay,