PDA

View Full Version : Cant connect to Dta Ecu???!!!

NickWalliams
03-01-06, 08:04 PM
rigged up a cable in work today and bought a usb to serial adaptor for my laptop,

set the laptop up to connect to the ecu through com 4 but it just keeps saying ecu not connected or turned off?

tryin to find out the fault with the car as it wont start when the ignition is on, the fuel pump doesnt kick in.

Im on the verge of breaking the car into bits and selling it!

pls help

cheers

Lee
03-01-06, 08:14 PM
rigged up a cable in work today and bought a usb to serial adaptor for my laptop,

set the laptop up to connect to the ecu through com 4 but it just keeps saying ecu not connected or turned off?

tryin to find out the fault with the car as it wont start when the ignition is on, the fuel pump doesnt kick in.

Im on the verge of breaking the car into bits and selling it!

pls help

cheers

Well com 4 wont work because your using th USB port!

I take it you installed the drivers for the USB / Serial adaptor? You WILL need the drivers. Once you have them istalled, the usb port should automatically pick up the ECU when you switch the ignition on.

NickWalliams
03-01-06, 08:23 PM
installed the usb with cd provided did the com 4 thing after trying the normal approach. I have been through and changed from com 1 to 2 to 3 etc

it was always saying com port in use but for com 4 it said ecu not connected or turned off.

think my ecu is fucked?

Stuart
03-01-06, 08:28 PM
those usb->serial adapters arent reliable for this use... best off getting a laptop with a legacy serial port or take your pc out to the car lol

Also i did see region17's DTA not connect when it poped at llandow.. the fuel pump didnt fire up then either

NickWalliams
03-01-06, 08:38 PM
is there a test i can do to see if my dta is dead?

Stuart
03-01-06, 08:43 PM
when turning the ign on see that pins 5 and 6 are 5V, pin 10 should get grounded to turn the fue pump relay on....

other than that you will have to check yer fuses/suppliers then test with PC/:aptop

NickWalliams
03-01-06, 08:49 PM
aha pin 10 does not get gnd checked this the other day, how do i check them pins though where will they be connected?

where is my throttle pot?

cheers

Stuart
03-01-06, 09:16 PM
you get to those other pins on the back of the plug... Or look on the throttle pot.. it will be at one end of the TB's main spindle

NickWalliams
06-01-06, 10:56 AM
got my meter home last night and sorted the problem the power connection was fcukd!

cheers for the help

:lol: