PDA

View Full Version : Re-Shelling?

Anonymous
18-04-01, 04:10 PM
I have decided that I need to re-shell my 1989 (G reg) 1.4SR, because it's very rusty, and the chasis is in very bad condition. But first i need to buy a Nova shell, and this is where i'll need some help from you.

I am looking for an MK2 Nova shell in exellent/v.good condition(body-work must have NO rust/dents, paintwork should be good, and the chasis should be in very good condition - I know this is a lot to ask for, but there must be one somewhere!).

I would not need the engine because I plan to transfer my 1.4 engine into the new shell. Bumpers would also not be important, but i would like it to have all glass and doors. The interior isn't that important either.

So, does anyone work on shells, then sell them? or would anyone be interested in working on a shell for me? I would be willing to pay ?350+ for a good condition shell. Please help...

paul@novaload.org.uk

paul@askins.com

Anonymous
18-04-01, 08:23 PM
try www.novarally.co.uk

Nova 'J' plate, facelift bodyshell with bonnet,
tailgate, wings, lights and doors, with logbook and MoT :D

Anonymous
18-04-01, 08:25 PM
forgot to say it's ?350

Anonymous
18-04-01, 08:31 PM
i paid 250 for mine no wings doors glass etc
as it says shell!

Innocent until proven guilty! X-(

Ian@novaload.net

Anonymous
18-04-01, 09:46 PM
dont get it from nova rally. 1 its probably an astra shell (he is a muppet when it comes to parts) 2 hes probably sold it already. and 3 hes a waste of time to do business with

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
18-04-01, 10:22 PM
he was alright when I got facelift wings and stuff off him but I did go to get it. when I bought an alarm off him he sent it through the post and it's so complicated I just put it in my loft X-(

he should know what he's talking about though coz he's involved in rallying. I've seen his rally car-very nice

Anonymous
18-04-01, 11:30 PM
i've asked - it's been sold... any others around?

paul@novaload.org.uk

paul@askins.com

Anonymous
19-04-01, 10:46 AM
i payed ?950 for a mint 1 lady owner k reg 1.2i with 12 months mot and 90k miles

there is another 1.2i in my local paper this week for the same money
and you can find rough gsi's in the autotrader for ?1200

also most bare shells have been been involved in a insurance claim and have a cat c or d rating on them

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---

Anonymous
19-04-01, 11:33 AM
colin smith from nova rally sorted me out well,cambridge probably got him on an off day or something,Im sure hed be willing to sort out ur problem,have u tried asking...

Anonymous
19-04-01, 04:45 PM
i have, he said that he doesn't have one at the moment, but there's every chance that he'll get another one in the future.

paul@novaload.org.uk

paul@askins.com

Anonymous
23-04-01, 03:30 PM
lol i bought the shell of colin smith sorry,
just to say it was mint and perfect and i got him down to 250 inc deli to essex!!!!
good luck on your hunt