PDA

View Full Version : Engine trouble

Jamied
02-01-06, 10:38 AM
Ive got a 1.3sr nova and every so often it doesnt pick up revs and i'll ave to pull over and turn the engine off for a couple of mins then it will start up fine, any ideas as to what the problem could be?? I have a K&n on it could this be causing the problem :?

General Baxter
02-01-06, 10:45 AM
carb ice! put the std airbox back on with its warm air feed from the exhaust manifold

orange_andy
02-01-06, 10:58 AM
mate i feel your pain, my car is fine around town and 15mile journis on motorway, yet as soon as i go to travel 120m to nottingham, i get that problem, ill be driving at 70 in 5th, put me foot down nothing happens, about 4 seconds later it picks up, then later the revs will die, so i have to pull over on the motorway normally 3-5 times in the journy turn the car off, straight back on and im away, dunno what it is, i have the k&n, yet i drove back home and didnt have to stop once :S

iv put my standard filter on, when i next go down ill see if i have to pull over,

also i rang a tuning place, they said theyd check petti mixtures and stuff. one advised me to take my fule cap off, and drive see if that helps, saying maybe there isnt enough air going in with the petrol so taking the fuel cap of might help, if it does then they deffinatly know what would be wrong,

isntead of paying all the money for tunning and stuff, im gonna try driving down with my standard filter on see if that helps, if i have ot pull over again, take my fuel cap off, if i still get the problems then go get it checked,

hope this helps ya lad, i joined the AA aswell make sure im safe, bit annoying doing 120m not knowing when you need to pull over within 5seconds before you slow down to 5mph lol

orange_andy
02-01-06, 11:06 AM
oh yea forgot, i got a 1.4 SR, if you find any further info about it mate, drop me a line on here!! keep us informed

Jamied
03-01-06, 04:19 PM
Thanks for the replies i'll try it with a standard airbox