PDA

View Full Version : whats urs plans for the up coming months

lj
01-01-06, 02:34 PM
heres my plan;

get the rattling engine out my nova, sort the seam welding out so that the car can take hard driving.(90mm drop ruins cars) re paint the engine bay once seams are sorted. get the inlet and out let on the head matched to the exhuast and inlet manifold as friend will do it for peanuts. cam it and get the carbs,fuel pump and regulator sorted . sort the rear suspension out and door lock, then get a new 4-1 manifold and go have fun with it.

if i going to cam the 1.4 i have do i need to buy the whole kit or can i get just the cam? and whats the better one to use

Will
01-01-06, 02:47 PM
stick it in general! :lol: :lol:

sell parts, look at another toy in march :D

lj
01-01-06, 02:50 PM
its in here dude coz i want info on what can to run if anyone can shread some light...

Will
01-01-06, 03:00 PM
sorry saw that afterwards, am still drunk, my bad :lol:

womble sri
01-01-06, 06:48 PM
get the sri head skimmed with my cam kit, new inlet manifold, exhaust manifold rolling road session to tune the carbs. and then source a 1600 bottom end for a rebuild and put it in. what 1400 is it and depends how you want it to drive. get the cam kit it just comes with a load of standard and uprated parts that should be replaced when putting new cam in

lj
02-01-06, 12:19 PM
its coming from a astra estate, so not sure. gonna use the car most days but not to worried about the useage, a bloke tunes them locally and can normally do it within days of a phone call. so its best to get the whole kit?

womble sri
02-01-06, 12:27 PM
yes definetly get the head skimmed while its off also. there are a few different cams for different applications ive gomm for a 300 degree cam which is reccomended for rally use but i am running twin 40's

sickrabbit
02-01-06, 12:55 PM
Well, firstly get going in my new job ( nervous ) and eventually get round to a new motor...maybe an Astra ...
We,ll sell the wifes Fiesta and she can take on the Nova .

Jack
02-01-06, 10:55 PM
Insurance & MOT & Tax > Wheels (on backorder, due late feb) > Springs > Exhaust > HIDs

in that order :lol:

And yeah get the kit :p

Tazzy
03-01-06, 02:34 PM
in relation to cars, considering i have 3, i have 3 big jobs on all!

in particuler, the corsa!

-buy saxo boot spoiler, blend it on the gsi spoiler, remove rust around wiper and debadge the boot door, finish off with a resprayd boot

-change gear knob, the current one keeps coming off

-brake conversion, 16V ATE 256mm set up with GSi servo/master cylinder

-engine conversion and tune up, 1.6 8v mpi lump, with 2.0 injectors, throttle body, fuel pump and ecu, K&N induction kit and kent cam

-fix seat belt and seat

-realign front end panels

-buy side skirts covers

-buy new pair of 6x9s and sub/amp combo

i think thats it for the moment for the corsa!

Lee
03-01-06, 06:55 PM
Custom cut brake discs, pads and braded hoses from Courtenay, pick them up next week.

A box to put the ole DTA in making it easily removeable

Tidying up the wiring

Coilovers

some new wheels

In that order!