PDA

View Full Version : Speedo sender

skud52
01-01-06, 01:06 PM
can anyone tell me how to remove the speedo sender on the nova gearbox? theres a 10mm bolt which holds a plate into the sender, but when you take that off the sender doenst move still!

any help appriciated

cheers ben

SRlew
01-01-06, 01:20 PM
yer could also do with knowing this. havent actually tried yet but would like to know incase i have the same problem.

cheers, lew

lee 16v
01-01-06, 02:16 PM
can i ask why you would want to do this are you fitting a digi dash because you dont need to change that, or is it not working?
i think you need to take the box off and take it apart BUT i might be wrong try mig web some1 on there will no.

skud52
01-01-06, 04:29 PM
just undo the 10mm and give it a good pull and it will come out.

i couldn't get the cable to screw on, i thought the thread might be fucked but it was ok.

anyway thats how i got it out. it was a plastic one tho, i tried for quite a while to get a metal 1 out and that wasn't going anywhere

Nick
01-01-06, 04:32 PM
you don't need to actually remove the whole sender.

When fitting my digidash i just unscrewed the top of thesendor, and screwed the new sender top onto that.

works fine. but yes sometimes they get a little stuck - just have to give them a yank

skud52
01-01-06, 04:57 PM
yea but i had to because i thought the thread was buggered as the normal speedo cable wouldn't line up on the thread.

i wasn't fitting a digidash

Stuart
01-01-06, 09:29 PM
take the bolt out, get a stubby flat screwdriver under the plastic and lever that fooker out

Philsutton
02-01-06, 11:59 AM
right to put things straight the normal speedo cable one is too thin to screw onto the digi one, doesnt make sense but it is. I told you to hit it with a hammer to get it out :lol:

skud52
02-01-06, 04:54 PM
right to put things straight the normal speedo cable one is too thin to screw onto the digi one, doesnt make sense but it is. I told you to hit it with a hammer to get it out :lol:

no they are the same phil :P

i took it out and fit straght away

Philsutton
02-01-06, 11:20 PM
i hate novas, they are crap

Nick
02-01-06, 11:29 PM
yea but i had to because i thought the thread was buggered as the normal speedo cable wouldn't line up on the thread.

i wasn't fitting a digidash

apologies, wasn't very clear in the first place. but at least if you do fit a digidash you'l know not to remove the whole thing again (they sometimes pop straight out, sometimes they are bloody hard)