PDA

View Full Version : steering wheel wobble!!!!!

Marsden
31-12-05, 04:25 PM
hi guys,

yet again i solve one problen then another apears, typical nova. Anyway the thing is, is that my steering wheel wobbles from side to side getting faster with speed, like an unbalanced wheel, but hears the thing it does not always do it! some times it is steady as a rock and then if i go round a bend it will start to wobble but carry on whilst in a straight line. it feels like the whole car is vibrating or jerking with the steering. i looked out of the window whilst driving and the wheels are balenced and not buckled, plus my mate has checked them at the garage. tried to describe the best i can, has anyone got any ideas???? any light on this would be really appreciated.

Thanks Ben

dan23
31-12-05, 04:34 PM
could b tracking bottom arm ball joint etc

jack it up an check 4 play in whel bearing also check bottom arm bush s etc

i have pair of mk2 bumpers free if u want em an can collect were in leeds r u

Marsden
31-12-05, 04:36 PM
i am near pudsey, are they standerd bumbers? i have jacked the car up and felt for play and there seemed to be nothing. Were abouts are you?

Jack
31-12-05, 05:13 PM
Could be knackered shocks/springs... or oddly inflated/worn tyres

Marsden
31-12-05, 06:43 PM
i wouldent have thought so because some times the car is perfect and then it will just start. thanks so far any way guys

Marsden
02-01-06, 10:31 PM
ok just come back from our lasses and it seems to be making a clicking noise under braking now from the left hand side. someone please help me!!!!!! i am going to jack it up and have a really good look tommorow seen as i have 1 more week off work 8) . Thanks in advance for anymore infomation that you great people may have.

cheerz Ben