PDA

View Full Version : help

octane
30-12-05, 08:57 PM
hello.
rite my car was low on juice the other day and it cut out.
so i got a jerry can and put some petrol in it, went to start it but nothing, just turned over.
ive also had a dodgy fuel pump 4 a while which made a whury noise, but it wasnt making that noise, so i deided that all the shits cum up from the bottom of the tank cloged up the pump, so i towed it home and changed the pump and the fuel filter.
went to start it, and still nothing.
i thought that the fuel will need to be pumped for a while so continued to turn it over. still nothing and the battry went dead. so i went to jump start it and still nothing.
changed the battry and guess what.......... nothing.
it may be something really simple, but after getting soaked today i cant think anymore, so can anyone suggest anything?............please?

Jon_nova1
30-12-05, 10:22 PM
look at the fuel filter, can you see the fuel?? did you put the right fuel in it?

octane
30-12-05, 10:34 PM
yes right fuel was used.

the problem is that the battery wont take a charge and cannot be started on jump leads. i have changed the battery ( not a new one though) and it still wont start, it just turns over and eventually dies as if battery has gone flat even when connected with jump leads to anouther car.

Jon_nova1
30-12-05, 10:40 PM
Do has fuel gone back into the fuel filter? you can see through it, if it has it may be your idle Jet thats blocked judging by the empty tank, in which case it'll need to be cleaned

Christ
30-12-05, 11:09 PM
When i changed my fuel tank mine took ages to start, it just turned over, and over, and over, i was there for a good while before it caught

octane
31-12-05, 03:13 AM
yeah will try again tommorrow , gonna charge the battery