PDA

View Full Version : Which is better??

leebo
29-12-05, 11:50 PM
Hey, im lookin to build a fun track car and as some of yous would remember i was talkin about doin a 2.0 8v rwd nova but how would that affect the handling of the car as in lite and respnsive or nosey and dead??
(rwd is what i would like for the fun perspectave)

Or would i be better stickin a small block 1600 or even a 2.0 in the front? im guess that with the 1600 the handeling would be much the same as any good nova but with the 2.0 it would start to understeer

All commments welcome

p.s. the rwd nova would be a front of a nova welded into the back.

Cheers Lee

ade
31-12-05, 01:05 AM
austin nova's the man to speak to ref this... he made a rxd nova - had to make a space frame for the font.

leebo
31-12-05, 04:41 AM
but didnt his nova not have the xe in the front to a rear diff?? i wil be stickin the engine into the boot.

Philsutton
31-12-05, 11:21 AM
if its the 8v 2lt your going for go for the 1.6 instead, but if its the xe then go for that. They dont handle as bad as people make out, when set up right they can handle about as good an as any other nova.

novatek
31-12-05, 02:51 PM
if your planning to race/rally the nova then id just stick a 1600 in on throttle bodies or carbs then u dont hav 2 race against fast cars like lotus elise n stuff like that.

just sumthin 4 u to think about m8 :)

leebo
31-12-05, 03:03 PM
What i guess i will do is put the engine in to boot, its what i want to do in the end of the day. how will this efect the handling of the car? and its more for fun than racin competivitly. few lads a few cars and a track.

Just for fun :P

novatek
31-12-05, 03:12 PM
if u reckon ur up 4 the job, get them back wheels turnin
ul never hav more fun :lol:

leebo
31-12-05, 03:52 PM
ha ha lookin forward to it

Getting my 300amp stick welder this week. Its ajustable so you can turn the ampage down :D

im lookin forward to doing it but it wont be for a long time but im wondering what way it will leave the handling. like will it be like a tractore, when ya have the foot down the front steerin is light and dont grip well or will the steerin be light but hoolld well and be responsive?

novatek
31-12-05, 04:46 PM
the handling shud b much better m8
coz usually the front wheels hav 2 do 2 jobs:
steer and drive
but now they r divided making it easy 4 the front wheels 2 steer

leebo
31-12-05, 05:10 PM
Not so bad but at the end of the day its prob going to be the rear wheels that will be doing most the steerin lol

scott.parker
31-12-05, 05:21 PM
Chip did one using an XE,he still uses mig and RB if you want to talk to him.

http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=1162

Scott

leebo
31-12-05, 05:44 PM
Cheers man, thats impressave. seems to be alot of work in that car.

he was sayin that there can be a bit of understeer at times, wonder would a bit of balast in the front help that at all?? i know its adding weight but i do want it ti habdel good to

Philsutton
01-01-06, 11:16 AM
im sure that nova ued a calibra front end in that back an not a nova, hence why the track was wider at the back.

scott.parker
01-01-06, 04:03 PM
Cheers man, thats impressave. seems to be alot of work in that car.

he was sayin that there can be a bit of understeer at times, wonder would a bit of balast in the front help that at all?? i know its adding weight but i do want it ti habdel good to

Im sure the fuel tank was up front,maily as where els do you put it :lol:
And it must of helped balance it out.

Scott

leebo
01-01-06, 04:17 PM
ha ha fair point :wink: