PDA

View Full Version : Nice spanky new feature a year on!

Mike
29-12-05, 06:19 PM
Howdo, finally got my @rse in gear an put up a new feature.

May 2004: http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=1668

December 2005: http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=2661

The May piccie's were before it was stolen and recovered. I then started a mega rebuild with the help of several banks, several jobs and a lot of phone call's!

I now have receipts on paper for nearly ?4k, and receipts in my hotmail from eBay for around ?1.2k.

Its been a laught though, theres not much more to do as I've got a GSi to play with now so the SR is spending winter off the road and being worked on.

Please leave comments, I'd like to know your opinions.

Mike

NOV4_SPORT
29-12-05, 06:49 PM
looking good mate i like the fact that you keep going with the car rather thatn giving up after it was recovered, well done to you matey :P

Mike
29-12-05, 07:06 PM
I'll never give up on this car. :| I love it to bits and the inside is like new! :D

Over christmas I've welded two metal plates into the both corners of the boot, plated up the rubber plug things in the boot floor and at present I'm cracking on with a new radiator and fitting a new slam panel.

I've now spotted a dry sump kit and thats taken my fancy but I'm still waiting for my 25bhp NOS kit to be available. As it's running carbs, the kit aint cheap!

Its all systems go at the minute so the GSi is taking the back seat for a bit :|

Give it some rev
29-12-05, 07:19 PM
you've got 2 very nice projects their m8 :)
love the GSI with the black Cav GSI wheels.

chris

Mike
29-12-05, 07:34 PM
The GSi aint bad for a ?300 car is it!

B+ head, mongoose system with a custom made back box, de-cat pipe and panel filter and a nice digi dash as well as those rims :lol:

Remote central locking, delocked and a Cat 2 alarm and immobilser

The shell and doors on the GSi are mint, not a spec of rust and never had to be welded, but the interior is sh@gged!

I may put the cav rims on the SR tho?

Mike

ade
30-12-05, 08:25 PM
agree ref the black gsi with CAV rims - they got silver riedges on them?

Ade

Mike
05-01-06, 09:46 PM
Hello Ade, the Cav rims have got the original alloy colour on the Rim, i think they look quite smart tbh.

Mike

novaco
05-01-06, 09:48 PM
wheres the gsi feature?

Mike
05-01-06, 09:53 PM
Its not up yet as its a 1.6SRi. The engine convo me and a few mates did in the rain/snow on a driveway! Not good fun i can tell you!

The SRi/GSi is a just a superfast runabout at the minute, as my SR needs some serous TLC as i dont want to scrap it.

I spent yesterday off work welding in a 2" x 10" plate into the passenger side chassis box section thingy, and the same on the drivers side!

Its now had a total of 9 metal plates in the boot floor (two of which in the corners to stop em rotting) with 7 in the spare wheel well! :|

Now it needs a new clutch, slam panel and respray before a hefty increase in Bhp in the form of a carb specific 25bhp NOS kit, but i reckon the engine will pop?? :?

Mike

novaco
05-01-06, 09:55 PM
just found pics of the black gsi mate looks good!

like the wheels its areal stealth sleeper!

Mike
10-01-06, 05:29 PM
yeah, it is quite a stealth mobil, especially at night with limo black windows!

Novaco, I can see that your's aint half coming along now though to, should look real nice when its finished.

Well, when is a project car ever finished :lol:

Mike

BigStan
13-01-06, 04:23 PM
Project is comin along nicely, both of them lookin weel nice ! If only i had the time, space and money to do such a thing !

Nick
13-01-06, 06:35 PM
i thught you said ages ago it was a "caged and stripped T40'd SR" ?

Agree with using the Cav Gsi rims.

Prefer it bodywise to the old feature - SR vynil e.t.c

Mike
15-01-06, 05:28 PM
i thught you said ages ago it was a "caged and stripped T40'd SR"?

Well I did have an OMP cage to go in, but i disagreed with the weight of the thing so i sold it on.
At one point, the rear end was totally stripped out, but some carbon panels came up on eBay so i had to have them, then retrimmed the rear quarters and removed the little speaker shevles to get a nice factory smooth looking panel

As for the T40's, they've been removed due to the winter and the car being of the road so i can rebuild the carbs. I just gotta get a Nova GSi throttle cable then i can put them back on. (GSi cable because they're sport weber's with a centre linkage)

Prefer it bodywise to the old feature - SR vynil e.t.c

yeah, it did look better in the old feature, but rust in the doors got the better back then so i sweapped them, put new rear arches on, new front wings and then new syll's either side.