PDA

View Full Version : replacing rear arches

19-NoZ-19
29-12-05, 01:46 AM
hi

ive gotta replace my rear arches and was wondering if you guys could give me some advice and tips and maybe even pics of how you have done yours?

thanks for your help peeps :D

lee 16v
29-12-05, 06:00 PM
you need to buy some new arches. cut the old ones out and weld the new ones back in keep them as little as pos because it makes it easyer then give it a skim of p40 fiber glass then rub that back and fill it.

or the other way is slap lots of p40 and filler.
i would say get it done at a body shop or they will just rot again.

Nobby
30-12-05, 01:08 PM
http://www.sel-imperial.co.uk/SelectPart-part?markid=750&modelid=283&makeid=36
there you go son ?13.83 per arch all u need is to have them welded on, is it true you can have them put over your origionals?? i wouldnt do it because woudltn it make the arch stick out to far??

19-NoZ-19
30-12-05, 01:27 PM
ive already been out and bought the arches just want advice where to cut out the old arches and how you welded the new ones in.and if youve got some pics aswell the would be great lads :!:

cheers

Jack
30-12-05, 02:15 PM
is it true you can have them put over your origionals??
Better off cutting out the old arch, assuming its rusty - as covering over it you've still got the 'problem' arch underneath, which could catalyse the new one to start rusting!

ade
31-12-05, 01:04 AM
agtee - cut old ones out - weld the new ones in place. Dont leave old ones underneath - theyll carry on rotting and eventually contaminate the new ones.

body shop will do both side and respray for ?500 max.