PDA

View Full Version : Suspensions

novamadman
29-12-05, 12:59 AM
Buildin a nova. Wanting to know people running coilovers what are the advantages? Also advice would be appreciated on what to use or peoples previous experiences. Dont have a fortune to spend will probly pick a decent second hand suspension if anybody is selling.

Shane

scott.parker
29-12-05, 01:15 AM
From my owne experiance,i say buy coilovers for it if your not too overly fussed about it feeling bumpy,as you just wont get it hard enough on shocks etc,and go for AVO's or Spax.

If your not going for a bumpy ride then get some Billstine yellows,none hight etc,but they will give you ace handling without going to harsh on the bumps.

Scott

novamadman
29-12-05, 01:16 AM
Cheers Scott

Any idea of prices?

Shane

scott.parker
29-12-05, 01:39 AM
New: AVO's ?480-?600+ as they differ depending on fully adj on rear,and wher bough from.

New:billys ?380-?450,dependin on where from.

Best try the normal places first sutch as egay etc.

But for an idea
VVVVV

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ProductList.asp?cls=ROAD&grp=RP035&pgrp=R003&tlgrp=R003

Scott

novamadman
29-12-05, 01:42 AM
Cheers does anyone know what bilstein streetline is like? worth buying? Shane

ANDYRACER
29-12-05, 03:10 AM
Ive got my Avo coilovers for sale if ur interested? Scott u get my pm? :wink:

scott.parker
29-12-05, 09:50 AM

Sprintline Suspension Kit,thats the one you want,the streetline,is almost same as GM stuff.

Andy i did,im not realy in a situation to spend loads right at the mo,let me know though if you still have it in four-five weeks.

Scott

m.d.
29-12-05, 11:30 AM
if you want to go low and keep the handling go billys as spax and avo coilvers are crap.

i had avos on my nova and they were far to hard unless i raised the nova right up, then you loose out on the benifit of a low centre of gravity,

best bet if you want avos (unsure why when billys are the same price and much better, altho you wont get coilovers for 500 from them) is to tall turret the strut mounts so you still get good suspension travel

novamadman
29-12-05, 02:27 PM
Ive got my Avo coilovers for sale if ur interested? Scott u get my pm? :wink:

how much u after for them

Dan
29-12-05, 02:37 PM
md the billie's are great, i can agree here as i to used these always before, but then when i stripped mine out to nothing the car sat higher than a 1.2 basic lol, even with 60mm avo springs it sat very high. With the avo's on i have found them quite good tbh, not harsh at all. Even had to take a few people out to prove a point and always managed to suprise with how acceptable the ride was compared to the usual rumours. In a car with abit more to it (i.e not just a bare shell) i would presume them to be better but i spose it could work the other way :? .

Also are you basing your finds on a big block motored car or a small block as that to would make a difference to reviews on setups

craig green
30-12-05, 09:13 AM

Absolute pants! I beg you not to buy this kit!!

m.d.
30-12-05, 11:08 AM
big block mate,

i agre with you one the height thing with billys, but thats why a lot of people use different springs and just billy dampers,

i had my nova too low for it to handle really but i have been in novas that handle that are as low as mine and they were only on system 2 shocks and pi springs,

this is where i get my bassis for the avos being too hard,

Dan
30-12-05, 11:30 AM
yeh thats cool, a few big block people have said the same, but the likes of myself have found them ok tbh. Precoilovers i resorted to the avo -60mm spring and billie shock combo, although still very high on the b roads it decimated all and was the ultimate for that application. The coilovers came into play when i wanted more track use with a hint of b road stuff so the comprimise was made, still smooth enough to crack along some lanes but with the option of having them perfect on the track.

novamadman
30-12-05, 01:36 PM

Absolute pants! I beg you not to buy this kit!!

Why do u say this have you had previous experience?

Been offered a set of avo coilovers by andy? Does anyone have experience of these? I will only be using them on the road? SHane

sickrabbit
30-12-05, 04:51 PM
I,ve P1s 30mm drop on mine ( ebay obtained ) and its a hard ride. The next time the suss is modded ( hopefully on an Astra ) I,ll try to spend as much as possible. The handling is superb , but old Dedfords roads are lunar like.
The P1s originally came off a corsa - I,ve often wondered would they have behaved in the same manner - is there a wieght diff between the Nova and corsa ? Are the suspensions the same / similar ??