PDA

View Full Version : Police Reaction

flowlikewater
28-12-05, 09:48 PM
Ive been back in the uk 4 less than a week and have already been pulled by the police one!

this police woman asked me why i had recaros in a nova.

i didnt know how to react so said that they were sparco not recaro.

then she gives me this well evil look and repeats the question but this time relpaces the word recaro with sparco.

by this time ive had time to collect my thought and replyed to her "because its f**king boy recer innit" as you can tell from my reaction to the police lady i actuallt hadnt collected my thoughts at all and was panicing all the way!!!!!!!!! but then some guys in a white golf went past us at quite a speed so the police got back in their car and went after them and left me to it.

how lucky am i? the best thing is that there was no way the police were guna catch this golf and left me just standing there without a warning or a ticket!!!!!!!!! woooooo

Jack
28-12-05, 09:56 PM
Random! Might have had a report of some being stolen perhaps?

flowlikewater
28-12-05, 10:06 PM
yeah proberly was stollen (golf im on about) either way i got out of trouble and said "its f**king boy racer init" to a police woman.

made me laugh!

sickrabbit
28-12-05, 10:23 PM
Hate to say it mate , but how old are you ? If you look young in a car thats got form for bad fun what do you expect. Maybe thats why I dont get stopped ( fingers crossed askin for trouble ) or is it because i drive sensible ?Of course not questioning your driving. I dont look below 20 no more ( sob ) and now drive sensible and shout only at milk floats !! Seriously mate ....
Theres a limit to everything mate , and sadly curious george DOES keep an eye out for the Nova or any other pocket modded rocket on the cheap. Even more so if his car is full of mates.Were you alone? Must be a good reason to be pulled over youngsters in a flash motor ......think about it . Must be a money issue that deems unwelcome alerts. If you,ve an old car tarted up driven by a youngster - stop im.If you were plod -YOU would. All I can say is be responsible , dont be daft , dont give any " lip" if youre ever stopped again .
And drive carefully.

end of sermmonn.

Isnt that a drivers concern?

novalovingned
29-12-05, 01:41 AM
lol
but its kinda hard when u get stopped for nothin!
they ask u pointless q's that they have no write to know the answers of.
but they think they do coz there coppers and think they are better than everybody else

(fact)

Primie.uk
29-12-05, 03:33 AM
Yeah count yourself very lucky, what were you thinking? LOL!

orange_andy
29-12-05, 09:47 AM
sounds stupid, and you wonder why you got pulled, if your the kinda person to say that to the police, no wonder, if they p*** ya off, and ask a question then say, what relevance is that to you, and ask why you have been pulled saying you are sick of it for no reason, personally, there will be a reason, iv had my nova 2-3months now never been pulled never looked like been pulled for no reason either,

Phil_G
29-12-05, 09:58 AM
drove a modified nova from 1999 through to recently and there was only one instance in which i actually got pulled. That was for a blown tail light and occurred before id even modified it :S

dont understand how people get pulled so often!

Philsutton
29-12-05, 11:48 AM
i used get pulled nearly every week in the nova, but since ive had the monza not once have they even looked at it. I was told by the police as long as i drive a nova then i will get pulled for no reason.

Jack
29-12-05, 12:24 PM
I've only been pulled a couple of times in the Nova, and that was when they were doing roadside stops anyway. And that was a car that wasn't exactly subtle :lol:

novamadcars
29-12-05, 01:20 PM
when i first passed my test a year ago i got pulled atleast 2 times a week after a few weeks of that the police soon got 2 know my face and havent been pulled since even tho i have a new nova

orange_andy
29-12-05, 02:29 PM
depends how you look i guess, me mate had a 1litre all the works done to it, pulled him as soon as they seen him or heard him !! coming, i was in the car,

"you got no seat belt on son"
"erm yea its a 4point harness mate"
"oh a harness,, ooo ermmmm mmm let me check that then"

(put his hands on the top of the bucket seat, shaked it, * yea its alrite dave its a harness seat* see you lata lads*

hahaha mad f****ers

Marc
29-12-05, 02:43 PM
ive been pulled twice while driving a nova in the last year and half 1 for speeding :oops: but only got a producer becuase he said my insurance wasnt correct but when i first got pulled they check me over and i was fine, and said this to the copper and give me a producer for it so just missed out on a fine :D

made me laugh though when i was firat pulled over they actually told me they was pulling me over cause it was late and i was driving a nova, fair play

and a bit of good advice for anyone got told by a coppers lad if they follow you pull over straight away stop the car and pretend to answer your phone they will only catch your for speeding by following you for half a mile to a mile. :D

another story is a friedn of mine had lexus lights on his 306 they pulled him over cause they wasnt e approved and the coper said i will flip this coin to see if i will fine you or not! me mate won the coin toss and the copper left use alone and the other copper was a women and she was fit! :D

ok im finished! lol

Iain
29-12-05, 04:56 PM
and a bit of good advice for anyone got told by a coppers lad if they follow you pull over straight away stop the car and pretend to answer your phone they will only catch your for speeding by following you for half a mile to a mile. :D

If you know they're behind you you could just... Not speed? :P

As for being pulled, I've driven a standard Nova for a year and never got pulled, just recently modified it so lets see if it makes a difference lol.

orange_andy
31-12-05, 12:18 PM
well for starters i would of took the copper nameif they said they were flipping a coin to see if i get a fine or not! *** holes they are

Will
31-12-05, 12:21 PM
drove a modified nova from 1999 through to recently and there was only one instance in which i actually got pulled. That was for a blown tail light and occurred before id even modified it :S

dont understand how people get pulled so often!

ditto! and my 1 stop was for not wearing a seatbelt (driving from one end of the end to the other, mate lives at one end i live at other)

that was from 2000-2005

scott.parker
31-12-05, 01:04 PM
Well in the last few years of owning my nova i have only been pulled over three times (but when i had my fiesta xr2i i used to get stoped every time i whent out :roll: )

First two times when car was kitted and had 1.6 in still

The first time i stoped was on my way home one night from work(had a mate with me and tools in back)the lady asked is this your car sir(i was in a funny mood) i said nope i just stole it,giggled and said sorry yes it is,she smiled and said oh ok sir,where are you going and whats that in the back,i said im on my way home from work,and thats my tools in the back..she said fine on your way.. (its there job,let them do it and be nice to them,they even find things funny) :wink:

2nd time i was stoped in my nova,i got pulled over and was asked the folloing..
Police:Do you know why i stoped you sir(i though was a very silly question)
Me: said nope no idea why?
Police:step out the car and tell me what you see at the front??
Me:Err sorry im not sure what your getting at hear!
Police:Look at your car sir whats wrong,or differant about it?
Me:It has a body kit,hows that wrong?
Police:No sir stop bing smart with me and answer the question!!
Me:Im sorry if you have a point you wish to make about my car can you tell me,as im not a mind reader....
Police:have you been drinking tonight sir! (Where the hell that came from!)
Me:No.
Police:So why carnt you answer the question then sir! (im thinking where is beadle or something at this point :roll: )
Me: im sorry you realy have me stumped,i dont have a clue what it is your trying to get at about my car!!?
Police: Look at the number plate sir....
Me:Ok its white and has nubers on it and is properly spaced,and in standard writing etc..
Police: Look again sir...(im getting pissed of by now,as its cold and we have been stode on the road side for over 40 mins)
Me:Look im still unsure what your trying to get at,just tell me...
Police:dose that plate look the same to you as the other on the car we a driving sir?
Me:no my reg is not the same as yours(ok not the best idea) :oops:
Police:Ok i will tell you,your plate is slightly too small and we will give you ?30 fine and producer,have a good night sir...

I was stode there just for that :roll: :lol:

3rd time.

This happend the same night affter the MK meet back in January.

I was driving home via the town center(as it was the quickest was back)
going round a oneway system with two lanes and a chaved up corsa comes up along side me,and then boots it,i just drove on as normal,i saw this cop car sat in a turn off and though,haha nice one he done him self over there...

The cops lights came on and he pulled out behind the corsa(corsa and cops in left lane im in right lane)
the corsa go's off out of town in left lane,cop followes me in right lane(cuts people up to do this also)
and he is still following me with the lights on,so i pull over,i get out the car and stand on the path by the rear of the car,the cop gets out and comes over to me all agrasive asking me why i got out the car,i said well you wer trying to stop me,yes?
he replyes yes but why did you get out the car?
I wanted to know why thats all?
He said well next time your pulled over dont get out the car,thats seen as a attacking advance! :o
Sorry i said,well whats the problem then?
Well you and them other stupid boy racer mates of yours in that corsa,we have had complaints of you racing all over town tonight..
I said oh ok,well i was just going home,and why did you not stop him he was speeding and whent past you well over 30mph,plus i donr know the guy.
Well it looked like you wer racing!
No sorry i dont do that,i have no need to i use this car on track fro that type of thing,its my second car,im 25 not some chav racer kid.
Oh ok sir sorry to stop you,oh by the way what you done to it then,i quite like the novas from when i was yournger...

Im thinking wtf now he wants to chat :lol:

Ah well see there not all bad,there just doing there jobs,and the nova has a bad rep its just the way things are,best thing you can do is prove we are not all a bunch of chav nobbas.

Scott

Jack
31-12-05, 01:20 PM
Im thinking wtf now he wants to chat :lol:
Thats probably why he pulled you in the first place! My sister got pulled in her (at the time brand new) WRX STi, because the copper liked the car :roll:

Pisses me off when coppers play the whole "guessing game" thing where they ask you whats wrong with your car. A policeman said to me once "I'll just have a look at your tyres then tell you whats wrong with your car", checks the tyres then grabs the corner of my front bumper and gives it a hefty tug expecting it to come off in his hand (which it didn't!)... "Ok son, on your way" lmfao :lol:

scott.parker
31-12-05, 01:31 PM
To be fair though my view of them a few years back when i had the fezz was not the same as it is now,i though they wer a waste of spae,as they pulled me over everytime i whent out in that car(AND I MEAN EVERY TIME)

And affter i was headbutted in a night club a few weeks back,i whent to the police about it and there doing a realy good job of sorting it out.

Scott

flowlikewater
01-01-06, 07:14 PM
to put it simply.

i dont drive like a Kn*b
dont speed
always wear a seatbelt
and had nothing but amusing roadrage (taking the mick of others who get genuinly anoyed)

dont drive m8s around (bucketseats sort that 1 out)
dont hav neons
dont turn my music up loud (taken install out and never got round to reinstalling it)

am actually quite boaring!

but still get pulled loads!

Iain
02-01-06, 04:42 PM
He said well next time your pulled over dont get out the car,thats seen as a attacking advance! :o

I read a tip somewhere saying you should get out of the car and not let them tower over you while you're sitting down. :? That's what I'd have done anyway, and probably still will. It shouldn't really appear to be an "attacking advance" unless you run at the cop-car screaming and swinging an axe.

Jack
02-01-06, 08:38 PM

I read a tip somewhere saying you should get out of the car and not let them tower over you while you're sitting down. :? That's what I'd have done anyway, and probably still will. It shouldn't really appear to be an "attacking advance" unless you run at the cop-car screaming and swinging an axe.
It could be said that standing up and facing the copper is aggressive body language, depending on how you're standing. But then having the copper talk to you the window makes it like he's talking down to you and will subconciuosly make him feel more authoritive towards you.

On the couple of occasions I've been stopped I've always gotten out and approached the policeman as he approaches me, and spoken to him first. And I always will. I can't see there being any law that says you have to sit buckled up in your car whilst a copper gives it the once over.

Riggy
02-01-06, 09:31 PM
lol ive been stopped twice in my old nova

both times have been 3 am in the morning and on the way home from a club

first time , man and woman cop , asked me where id been - i said pub , wasnt lieing and haddnt been drinking so nothing to hide

just give the car a once over and phoned plates in , saying a lot of novas get stolen , then gave me a producer and let me go

2nd time i went past a side street on a 40mph road , clocked the cop van , so carried on a 40 ,

van pulls out and follows - i said to my mate he's gonna stop us here , soon as i said that lights come on :lol:

pulls over and gets out , polica man says to me , this your car , yes i say
have you been drinking tonight , no i say , he asks to smell my breath , so had to breeth on him

next question was - is there any drugs in the car , no i say , police man says so if i search the car and find any i can arrest you

yep i say
police mans says ok then have a safe journey home and off he goes

fair play to them i say no bother to me :lol:

Dar
03-01-06, 09:44 AM
I don't have a good view of the police but I haven't been pulled over by them for years now. I was stopped last year for a routine breath test which is fair enough and they where pulling everyone. I've never been stopped whilst driving the Nova and at times they have good reason to.

Just after I had built it I was showing someone from the motor club how well it went. So gave it just a little squirt. I didn't notice the police coming the other way :oops: apparently they noticed me but didn't bother doing anything.

To be honest when I was younger I got stopped all the time, so I guess it also has to do with how old you look as well.

Mike
05-01-06, 09:15 PM
Last summer i got stopped at 6am by a copper who used to live up the road from me.

He ran my plates and recognised my name! We then spent the next hour smoking fag's talking about this old R5 GT Turbo he used to own when i was a nipper, he was always tatting with it and racing the other lads about an that.

Was a great laugh, although my boss didn't belive it at all!

Mike