PDA

View Full Version : NEED a fuel pump...1.4sri

nova14sri
28-12-05, 07:17 PM
this is really annoying, just brought the car and drove it for about 2-3hrs went to start it again and it wouldnt start.
got new dizzy cap/sparks and thats all good.. checked the fuel lines and it appears no fuel is coming through.. many a people have looked and all said i need a new fuel pump. seems simple but cant find one anywhere.. it a 1.4sri with the pump outside the tank (at the back, underneath), an cause its electric it gunna be expensive but i REALLY want it. does anyone know where i cud find one or if theres another way around it. to get the beast up n goin again?! cheers guys.

Adam
28-12-05, 07:19 PM
You'll probably find its the fuel pump relay and not the pump itself.
The relay is in the engine bay with about 4 wires attached to it IIRC.
Just replace that and see what happens.

nova14sri
28-12-05, 07:21 PM
ok cheers, will try that n see what happens, i hope it is cause the pumps are wey expensive...!

Adam
28-12-05, 07:25 PM
ok cheers, will try that n see what happens, i hope it is cause the pumps are wey expensive...!
Nar, just get another from a scrappy.
It will probably be the relay at fault anyway.
The pumps usually whine when they are about to pack in.

This seems a stupid question, but you do actually have fuel in the tank dont you?
On my old car i thought the pump had packed in, but i had ran the tank dry and the fuel guage was showing half a tank.
A can of petrol sorted it,lol.

Riggy
28-12-05, 07:25 PM
you can use a pump of nearly any multipoint injection vaux

astra, cav,calibra,

as long as its external you should be fine

nova14sri
28-12-05, 07:29 PM
yeah its got fuel, i thought that too, but literally just put ?15 in and theres no leaks! but yeah il go to a scrappy anyway n see what they got. i heard u cud put different vaux pumps on too so thats even better...

Adam
28-12-05, 07:33 PM
Cav/Astras etc use internal pumps, which you cant use on your SRI.

nova14sri
28-12-05, 07:37 PM
ahh nuts. never mind, i shud be able to sort it, il try the relay tomorow n see wat happens, thats probably all it is. theres no harm in puttin a bit of ??? into it anyways. :)

Riggy
28-12-05, 07:39 PM
Cav/Astras etc use internal pumps, which you cant use on your SRI.

depends on model ad

seen a few a breakers today with external pumps