PDA

View Full Version : 1.6 8v update

Riggy
28-12-05, 05:58 PM
right guys and gals

have fitted a gsi loom to my 1.0 and now i have a spark at my coil and at all of my plugs

just wont kick now , think it could be fuel so how can i test im getting fuel at the rail e16se engine

and i have my inlet line goin to the fule rail and my return coming from the regulator is this right?

any more suggestions

Adam
28-12-05, 07:05 PM
and i have my inlet line goin to the fule rail and my return coming from the regulator is this right?
any more suggestions
AFAIK yes its correct.
Im not sure the best way to check for fuel.
Maybe just take the fuel supply pipe off the fuel rail, put it into a empty bottle and turn the fuel pump on, and see what exits the fuel pipe.

Or if you take the plugs out and they are soaked in fuel, then you have fuel.

Riggy
28-12-05, 07:20 PM
plugs are dry

and cant smell no fuel in the bay

benji
28-12-05, 07:43 PM
smart money is on a dogey fuel pump relay, ?20ish from vauxhall.

can you hear the pump coming on when you turn the ignition on?

Adam
28-12-05, 07:44 PM
Do you know if the pump actually works?

If it does work by just connecting to the battery.
Then check the wiring to the pump from the fuel/ecu module.

Riggy
28-12-05, 08:28 PM
relay is fine , have a spare aswell

pump works because if i disconnect the line a turn ig on the petrol fires out the back lol

Adam
28-12-05, 09:00 PM
relay is fine , have a spare aswell

pump works because if i disconnect the line a turn ig on the petrol fires out the back lol
Hmmm, seems weird how it aint reaching the engine then.
If your sure it aint reaching the engine.

burgo
29-12-05, 12:49 AM
are you sure you have the fuel pipes round the right way on the rail cos i know i aint lol

Riggy
29-12-05, 09:19 AM
well ive got my inlet line goin to the rail and the return line from the reg

think thats right might swap them over later and see iff it makes a diff

Jon_nova1
29-12-05, 09:59 AM
you sure the fuel aint just on its way up the pipe?? when i changed my engine i nearly ended up with a flat battery because it took so long for the fuel to be pumped to the engine :?

Adam
29-12-05, 04:43 PM
well ive got my inlet line goin to the rail and the return line from the reg

think thats right might swap them over later and see iff it makes a diff
Im 95% sure the inlet goes to the rail, the regulator then regulates the amount of fuel going back to the tank.

lee 16v
29-12-05, 05:12 PM
have you done any thing to the timing could be that is the battery a little flat have you tryed toe starting it, even if the battery is ok. is there a senser unpluged or not working.

_JH_
29-12-05, 07:17 PM
disconnect the fuel inlet from the rail.

remove the relay and using a length of wire with spade connectors at either end, complete the circuit to switch the pump on continuously. (If I remember there are 2 thick red and blue wires in the plug, connect those 2 together)

petrol should now come out of the fuel inlet (if wired correctly) it'll bubble and squirt about a bit, then develop a continuous flow.

reconnect it to the fuel rail, put the relay back in, prime it 2 or 3 times then try starting it. this should help, if not you may be looking at an injector wiring problem

burgo
29-12-05, 11:54 PM
disconnect the fuel inlet from the rail.

remove the relay and using a length of wire with spade connectors at either end, complete the circuit to switch the pump on continuously. (If I remember there are 2 thick red and blue wires in the plug, connect those 2 together)

petrol should now come out of the fuel inlet (if wired correctly) it'll bubble and squirt about a bit, then develop a continuous flow.

reconnect it to the fuel rail, put the relay back in, prime it 2 or 3 times then try starting it. this should help, if not you may be looking at an injector wiring problem

so basically what you are saying is there might be an air lock and this will solve it? and yes the fuel in goes to the fuel rail and fuel out goes to regulator. how do you know you have these roudn the right way?

_JH_
30-12-05, 12:01 AM
I'm building a 2.0 8v autograss car at the mo. If I haven't started it for a while I have to do the above, it's due to the way my pump and lines are set up. It could apply here if the fuel lines are empty as it's a new installation.

worth a try.

also he'll now which line is which when he has the pump running continuously for obvious reasons lol

Chris
30-12-05, 01:55 AM
I have never had this problem and I have built up quite a few projects with engines ehat have been stood for a while

Chris