PDA

View Full Version : Crappy running (when it starts.....)

Dillett
28-12-05, 04:42 PM
1300 Sr on 40's had problems getting it to start, some days it'd kick straight in, others id have to spit petrol into the carbs (no uprated pump or regulator) put new plugs/leads/dizzy cap and rotor arm on and it seemed to do the trick. Sent the car away to be sprayed and new arches put on. Got it back a week later and it would'nt start. checked plugs and that they all fired and spat petrol in the carbs as before but still does'nt start. Fires and theres fuel there so im confused....
Anyone else had a similar problem? Going to get a regulator and see if that sorts the fuerlling out, in turn making it start but other than that im stumped!
Any help appreciated!
Car is off the road being restored so it doesnt do ANY miles exept being run around the block a couple of times when it gets started.

Give it some rev
28-12-05, 05:02 PM
it cud be that the carbs are not set up right ?? or like you said the fuel pump cud be to blame aswell

chris

Dillett
28-12-05, 05:20 PM
Should still start if carbs arent set up. only need setting up to get peak power, good power/torque curves and good tickover. Need to have a play with the ignition timing but it ran pretty much bob on before it went in to be sprayed and theres nothing visbly that could cause it to not run.

womble sri
28-12-05, 05:25 PM
mine often takes 5 mintes to start and cuts out loads untill its warm just jeep trying

Dillett
28-12-05, 05:37 PM
It fires but does'nt actuallt start. just turns over and gives the occaisionally brum then dies. I love it but hate it at the same time!

orange_andy
28-12-05, 06:59 PM
i didnt use me car for 2 full days over xmas took 4 times to start it so if its anyything over 2 days then thatl be the problem, crappy winter nova carbs

novalovingned
29-12-05, 01:24 AM
took 30 mins to start me birds corsa
turned out it was just dampness so just take of leads etc an give a wipe with dry cloth
hope it works!!!

novalovingned