PDA

View Full Version : Cant get the needle of my dial!!!!

leebo
25-12-05, 11:19 PM
hey, as i said i cant get it off and im scared to do damage to any help? i tryed usin a fork under it anp pullin up on either side but no good. any other ideas or reasons y it aint workin? cheers lee

ade
26-12-05, 04:43 PM
two small tea spoons - hold them like youre eating rice pudding (one in each hand) stick the ends (spoon end) under the centre of the needle (where the pin goes) one on each side then lift up.

It'll pop off!

Before doing this though, lift the needle over the little stopper on the "0" so the needle sits right at the absolute slackest point for it and mark this point. If you dont do this, you'll never get it to read right!

Do it for all needles - especially fuel and speedo.

ade

:wink:

Adam
26-12-05, 08:14 PM
I couldn't remove my speedo needle using any tool.
All the others came off, but my speedo one dont move at all,lol. I think someone has superglued it on.

dan23
26-12-05, 08:22 PM
can u describe that again ade i never marked any of mine now they r all over the place

leebo
27-12-05, 05:10 AM
well i had already slackened the needle by liftin it over the stop mark or what ever ya want to call it. but when i wass bullin up the needle came off ok but it left the the base round the needle holder, now what the fuck do i do lol its off a 6 dial clock bit i hane one of the standered clocks there that i was going to rob the base bit off that has the neddle on it bu now i cant it it off. for f**k sake, will i ever get it easy lol