PDA

View Full Version : T40 DCOE fitting guide available soon!

Mike
25-12-05, 12:34 PM
Howdo, just though I'll let you all know that at present I'm in the process of making a full Weber 40 DCOE fitting guide for fitting T40's to an 8valver. Complete with photographic step by step guides etc.

This will include part numbers, rough prices etc and loads more

It will also include the car bhp before modification and then after.

I'm also in the process of making a DIY guide to bodyshell strengtening/bodywork, with the help of the local vaux dealership for the images of the shell, it will identify the main stress points on the shell, the main points for rust and how to repair them (MiG welder needed). This too will include photo's etc

It'll have a pertol tank fitting/removal guide and how to fit a B+ cylinder head.

As soon as these guide's are complete and copyrighted, they'll be available on CD via PM and via eBay for about ?5 with p&p

Look out for the 'what happened next' guide, fitting NOS to T40's :wink: 25bhp in a bottle

Nick
25-12-05, 12:40 PM
hmm why not just do them for free ? everyone else does.

there are plenty of guides out there allready - i seriously don't think anyone is going to pay you for it. A B+ head is principally exactly the same as fitting a normal head. haynes manual have allready got there first

Stuart
26-12-05, 08:00 AM
cant blame a guy for trying though lol...

hmmm maybe i could have charged ?5 for the FD guide.....

Dan
26-12-05, 08:50 AM
sorry agree with the lads. Admirable for effort going in to it but...Body strengthening etc i would just download the grp A build for free as plenty of sources and far more detailed/technical. Anything else has already been covered on the net and easy to find.

As stuart and nick have said there are guides about that people have put up for free to help out within the community, their not going to start paying lol.

m.d.
26-12-05, 09:15 AM
you lot have a point, but also it is only a fiver and i know that i would rather give someone 5 quid who has acctually done the job, rather than sifting thro millions of threads from people who think they know but have never acctually done it,

Nick
26-12-05, 03:52 PM
(no offence intended)

but how do you know he actually knows what he's doing ?

As dan said, you can download grp A build sheets whcih are way more reliable

Austin_Nova16
26-12-05, 06:41 PM
Surley the process of fitting a set of carbs is pritty straight forward, and peeps would ask on the forum if they had any issues....

_JH_
27-12-05, 12:30 PM
lol, yeah the grp A manual was written by cowboys who knew nothing...

I'll pay a fiver :lol:

:roll:

Mike
27-12-05, 12:58 PM
you would be surprised how many people pay for guides. :wink:

At the minute i have lots of reproductions of weber 40 & 45 DCOE literature on eBay and these sell fine.

This guide has been produced by me and a good friend, this is DIY style, why pay someone else to do a job! Group A guides can total upto Group A costs, DIY guides use MOT suitable alternatives/pratices (not bodges!)

Why buy a chassis plating kit for ?100 when you can make one for next to nothing???

anyway, you guys slating it a)havent seen it yet, and b)prolly have the time, money and have already done it to your cars.

Rant over :lol: :wink: lol

Snowface
30-12-05, 09:33 PM
people who buy these guides will be the same people who buy the

+20 BHP CHIP,ASTRA,CORSA,NOVA,CALIBRA,CAV,VECTRA
from ebay.

Give it some rev
30-12-05, 10:43 PM
as long as its got sh*t loads of pics and info then i say go 4 it. its sound quite promising actually 8)

chris

Mike
01-01-06, 03:49 PM
all the pic's are high quality (4 mega pixle) and all the info on the carbs is direct from weber themselves.

the shots of the shell themselves are from the main vauxhall parts system that they have at dealerships.

why pay some one to fit them, its a piece of pish to do it yourself you've just gotta kmow where to start.

mike

Stuart
01-01-06, 04:03 PM
could get a lovely NL'er to buy a copy and accdentally host it lmao

Mike
02-01-06, 02:42 PM
Indeed, i suppose i could over look the copyright just this once? :lol:

Will
02-01-06, 03:28 PM
www.tws.serveftp.net/novaland/howto/t40.doc

http://www.novaload.net/forums/article.php?t=63460

http://www.tws.serveftp.net/novaland/howto/database/novaload_net_T40_setup.htm

PM for group A manual

You will sell those guides on ebay.... ppl will buy anything and good on you if ppl do as im sure it will be a good guide.

ppl must buy the +20bhp "resister" chips cause otherwise they wouldnt still be being sold :lol:

Stuart
02-01-06, 03:52 PM
Indeed, i suppose i could over look the copyright just this once? :lol:

passing it off as "your own" is a breach of that, but hostng it and stating that someone else wrote it is fine ;) lol

Novaland "stole" loads in that respect... but meh thats what the internet is for.

Will
02-01-06, 06:03 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-NOVA-OPEL-CORSA-RALLY-BUILD-SPORT-GTE-GSI_W0QQitemZ8026575598QQcategoryZ18424QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

i doubt he owns the copyright and i will put money on the "other guides" some from here / nova-land / topbuzz and no1 asked about them! :lol:

Mike
02-01-06, 07:27 PM
i doubt he owns the copyright and i will put money on the "other guides" some from here / nova-land / topbuzz and no1 asked about them! :lol:

doubt all you like Will the copyright for my guide is licenesed to my good self through my dad's company laywer from London.

An the guide I've made is 100% made and photograhped by me using my very own nova that is uncannily the same as that in my feature on this site?

Mike

Will
02-01-06, 07:50 PM
i am refering to the ebay link mike

not your guide which i have no doubt will be your own and to which you will have copyright.....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mike
02-01-06, 08:11 PM
i am refering to the ebay link mike

not your guide which i have no doubt will be your own and to which you will have copyright.....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

^^Well my sincerest of apologise then

no doubt will be your own and to which you will have copyright.....

^^Opinions? your supposed to keep them to yourself you know. :roll: [/quote]

Nick
02-01-06, 09:55 PM
calm down, jesus.

good luck on selling your guide. think your going to need it