PDA

View Full Version : GSi spoiler - What happens to the rear washer?

Iain
24-12-05, 02:50 PM
I'm aligning the spoiler at the moment, and I can't see how I can keep the original washer jet on the boot? It seems to cover the original jet hole. Am I mistaken in thinking I can keep it (even though it doesn't work :P)?

krobinson
24-12-05, 03:14 PM
If it doesnt work, remove it and fit a gromet. The SR/GSI/GTE novas all had smaller washer jets! Source one of those and fit it.

Keith

Jack
24-12-05, 03:18 PM
If you wanted to be REALLY clever you could do away with the top mounted washer and fit a wiper arm that has the washers built into it :wink:

Iain
24-12-05, 03:21 PM
Nice one for the quick replies, I'm trying to get it finished before it goes dark lol. I'll just do away with it and use a gromet because I can't see myself ever needing it (and I'm not feeling REALLY clever :P).

ade
24-12-05, 05:29 PM
the gsi spoiler has a recess in the centre where the washer fits into.

TBH I had to sile mine down a little so it fitted snuggly - dont take too much off though otherwise you'll put a hole in it and itll spurt out the top!

:lol:

sickrabbit
24-12-05, 06:34 PM
Yep - know this one all too well. had a GSI spoiler fitted in Feb o this year...( too chicken to do it myself.) and the washer jet was changed . I t worked ( well dribbled ) for a while but now its totally given up. I,m gonna just leave it .....for what its worth it really didnt do that much anyway. Block the thing off and be done with it.

Jack
24-12-05, 09:55 PM
Its normally the section that goes from the roof to the top of the tailgate that causes problems - you may find its leaking or the tube is crushed there. IF you do plan to block it off you'd be best advised to block it off further down the line.

Iain
26-12-05, 03:38 PM
had a GSI spoiler fitted in Feb o this year...( too chicken to do it myself.)

Don't blame you. I felt a bit bad drilling in to my boot (probably the least rusty panel on my car).

Its normally the section that goes from the roof to the top of the tailgate that causes problems - you may find its leaking or the tube is crushed there

I gave the tube a little tug and a section came out of the boot :lol: Looked like it had previously been mended there.

novalovingned
29-12-05, 01:14 AM
bin it!!!!!!!!!!!! and clean ur back window with a sponge every so often

thats what i did and it works!! :wink:

ade
29-12-05, 01:03 PM
or - just go to a vauxhall dealer or fins an old gsi beeing broken and get the washer off of that.

only a couple a quid.

:roll: