PDA

View Full Version : air filter

novamadcars
23-12-05, 11:51 AM
hi im thinking of drilling a few holes on my airbox over the xmas periord just wanted 2 know realy how many holes is recomended and how far apart should thay be. Also were should i put the holes(front/back/all round) and what kind of size should the holes be cheers

Jon_nova1
23-12-05, 11:58 AM
the holes need to be placed so the air still goes through the air filter, as in around the sides if i remember :?

novamadcars
23-12-05, 11:59 AM
so drill the holes at the back and front of the filter casing? any idea on how many i should drill and what sze mate?

Jon_nova1
23-12-05, 12:02 PM
No, i just stuck a K&N on mine :lol: , i shouldn't think anything bad would come of drilling too many holes or too big, because theres nothing that can go wrong :wink:

novamadcars
23-12-05, 12:06 PM
i will eventully be buying a k and n mate with xmas anall im skint so need 2 sort out some dosh :D

orange_andy
23-12-05, 02:47 PM
nothing that can go wrong, and no point or effect from doing it ??? still going to take in the same temp air so it wont make a diff ?

novamadcars
24-12-05, 11:03 PM
ive herd that it will make the engine sound more deeper not sure weather this is true or not tho :o

orange_andy
24-12-05, 11:06 PM
on my old car (not nova) it made it sound deeper, depends what make you get tho, me mate has a 106 with just a filter on it, the ?70 one and it sounds like an exhaust, the k n n on my nova doesnt make any deep noises at all!! its going off tomoro for standard, due to cacky carb icing

novamadcars
24-12-05, 11:22 PM
well ill give it a go over the next few days and see what happens