PDA

View Full Version : TOCA Race Driver 3

Dar
23-12-05, 10:25 AM
Has anyone else downloaded the latest demo of TOCA Race Driver 3?
Race Driver 2 was good but 3 is looking even better! You can drive the V8 Supercars in the demo as well, which I know a few of you like.

If you have a good PC and like racing games, have a look its awsome. :twisted:

Stuart
23-12-05, 10:30 AM
hmm wonder if the xbox mags have a demo of it... mind you they are still spunking over the 360 lol.

I like 2, but its sort of lacking something..... not sure what it is though

Dar
23-12-05, 10:41 AM
2 was great but you only got the best out of it when you where playing against other people online. I kinda know what you mean about lacking something, but I reckon it was the AI, it just got a little bit easy at times.

3 is alot harder (you have to whack up the difficulty and put all the flags and warnings on) but you really have to RACE the other cars rather than bash your way through, although I think its a little too easy to get black flagged.

Stu - Do you have a 360 yet? Microsoft and really got the jump on Sony this time. They have also managed to create the hype as well. The next gen console battle will be intresting to watch. But to be honest alot of games are coming out on all consoles. So I guess alot of brand loyalty will come in to play when buying a next gen console. But not for me. I just buy all of them :D

wisewood
23-12-05, 10:49 AM
I want a ps3... its proper next generation technology with the Cell Chip rather than a standard processor running mega quick.

xbox 360 is just a very good console, cant truely be classed as next generation. Microsoft got the jump on Sony because Sony wanted to make sure their truely next generation console was 100%.

You wait and see, in a few years time all pc's will come with the cell chip, the ps3 will be the console of choice and microsoft will have to develop a cell chip version of the xbox to keep up.

Mark my words!!

Stuart
23-12-05, 10:53 AM
not got a 360... wont get one for atleast 12 months till they are cheap and they are chipped well.... cba to pay ore than ?5 for a game lol.

i like the variety on 2 but the thing thats missing was caught in forza... its bastid hard if you want it to be :D

Dar
23-12-05, 11:43 AM
Wisewood - I agree the Cell chip is an awesome piece of technology(although I know little about it), but BEST does not always win. Im sure it will get plonked in to PC's and the like in years to come. But the general public will not apprciate the processor and therefore it will be lost on them.

Although knowing Sony's marketing muscle im sure they come out fighting so to speek.

To be honest I thought that Sony had the console market all wrapped up nicley and the XBox would fall on its face. But I was wrong and am now finding that when I have a game for both consoles I will play it on the XBox rather than the PS2. Although given the choice I always play on the GameCube.

Stu - Thats why I reckon 3 is so nice. It's bastid hard trying to fight your way though, although annoying when you get taken off by a gental tap from behind.

wisewood
23-12-05, 12:09 PM
Although knowing Sony's marketing muscle im sure they come out fighting so to speek.

If the people at sony thought they needed to get the console out before the xbox, they could have thrown together a very powerful system similar to the ps2 but with loads of extra grunt... but they're going truely next generation instead.

I think when the ps3 comes out it'll blow the xbox 360 out of the water... xbox may be up and running and 3 laps ahead by that time, but all the distribution problems etc have all been highlighted so sony know all they need to do is have double their anticipated sales number ready for launch day, and they'll get snapped up in a flash.

I also think the next generation nintendo will be a hell of a machine, but thats gonna be dragged down by a lack of non mario based games, the same as all the rest were.

Dar
23-12-05, 12:32 PM
I like I said before I look forward to watching what happens with regard to the Sony/Microsoft consoles. The distribution problems Microsoft are having remind me of the origonal playstation problems a while back and that just seemed to fuel the hunger for the console.

The machine im most looking forward to is the Nintendo Revolution (Or whatever they decide to call it in the end, apparently Revolution is a working title but they do seem to keep their working titles). Although im a little worried about there input device. What i've seen worries me slightly. But im sure they will come out with a cracking interface/controller in the end. The DS is fab and the Bongos on the Cube are good fun! although a slight novelty (saying that they seem to come out late after we've been drinking).

I also have to kinda agree on Nintendo design philosophy, that having fun playing the games is what counts rather than pure grunt (like Sony and Microsoft) and stunning graphics. Again we will see. To be honest out of all three I like Nintendo the best, even though there in house games are kinda kiddiefied they have been among the best games i've played. They are quality and I do prefer quality over quantity.

Anyhoo - im off to the pub :D

Fester
23-12-05, 01:55 PM
Forget the console specs, Sony need to scrap their entire Online system and rebuild it if they're going to get anywhere near the 360.

Offline gaming is great for things like Hitman etc, single player strategy games, but things like racing games are soooo boring playing on your own after going online. The current PS2 Online system really is crap :lol: people cheating and modding all over the place, I suppose MS was always going to have the jump in that area though.

I don't buy into this 'The PS3 will be better because the hardware is faster' argument - when XBox advocates were trotting this line out when dicsussing XBox vs. PS2 the PS2 fans were insistant this didn't matter :lol:

Fun times ahead :!: :D

wisewood
23-12-05, 02:03 PM
never played online - must get round to that :lol:

Fester
23-12-05, 02:04 PM
It's awesome :!:

Tip: don't let Cambridge on your system into a Live race when pissed, starts smashing into people and getting you a bad name :lol:

wisewood
23-12-05, 02:10 PM
LMFAO

Stuart
23-12-05, 02:37 PM
they were being homos!!! rubbing is racing!

Philsutton
23-12-05, 04:52 PM
online gaming is great, ive been banned from about 50% of the servers for team killing lmfao, its every man for himself in my game.

burgo
23-12-05, 05:07 PM
i cant wait for the ps3 ive never liked any of the other consoles and have got abit bored of my ps2 altho once ive got abit of spare cash im gonna buy a hard-drive then get me mate round and get him to sort it out for me plus set me up online

Jack
23-12-05, 05:50 PM
they were being homos!!! rubbing is racing!
Now there's a quote that could easily be taken out of context :lol:

IMO Microsoft were very shrewd in the marketing of the 360, releasing it just before Christmas and having limited numbers, so it became the console to have. People were spending upwards of double the retail on them, and had already convinced themselves it was the best console ever to justify the money being spent. I don't think there will be the same frenzy (in terms of actually getting hold of one) over the PS3, as Sony will no doubt ship enough to cover demand.

jkhilton
23-12-05, 06:10 PM
The 360 is awesome, been playing PGR3 loads on and offline. The graphics are stunning, everything feels much more "solid" than previous games due to the higher detail and at 720p or 1080i the games are amazing.

All the xbox live stuff works really well on it also, it's so well integrated into the system, there's no messing around and with the wireless network card and controllers, it looks so much neater!

I have to admit, I am a console whore though, I'll probably go for a PS3 when it arrives, I just like gadgets!! lol

Matt2107
30-12-05, 10:29 AM
It's crap... been playing Battlefield - Modern combat.

Much more fun.