PDA

View Full Version : Cud sum 1 help me with my nova

gza1
22-12-05, 08:29 PM
hay just wondering if any1 cud help me, its my nova, wen im driving it, if i let the revs die down, say when i come 2 a junction or sumthin, my car just stalls all the time, i cant think what it is. cud any 1 please help me cus it drivin me mad, cud i hav 2 constantly rev it and im usin loads mre petrol, its a nova 1.4 sr if that helps, pls help

DANN1NOVA
22-12-05, 08:40 PM
too much fuel going in.

clean ya plugs. :wink:

Jack
22-12-05, 09:37 PM
Sounds like the idle needs to be adjusted....

orange_andy
22-12-05, 09:59 PM
carb icing>? when does it do it? straight away when driving, or like 2 hours after driving ? you got a k n n filter on it ? does it have an auto choke or manual put on ?

gza1
22-12-05, 10:16 PM
thanx 4 them sum 1 suggested adjusting the idle 2 me the other day. i do hav a auto choke, and i do hav a k&n but i hav a warm air feed in 2 the bottom of my fillter, so i thought carb icing wudnt happen, cud that still b the case then? cheers

Jack
22-12-05, 10:33 PM
Carb icing would be more noticeable as a loss of power at higher speed, thats how it was on my hatch anyway. Faster speed = more cold air into engine bay = carb ices up

gza1
22-12-05, 10:39 PM
yea thats the thing u c, i put me foot down and it flys and then i cum 2 a junction and i dip the clutch go 2 stop and it stalls, another thing is having my music on makes the revs worse they drop quicker. what would u suggest then? any thin i shud try? thanx 4 ur help again

Jack
22-12-05, 10:44 PM
Sounds like it could just do with a good tune up and service. Spark plugs, HT leads, dizzy, filters, oil etc.

Jon_nova1
22-12-05, 10:50 PM
oooohhhh mine used to do that, your carb needs adjusting, you can start your engine up fine, let the engine warm up and it idles fine, but when you drive around abit the car stalls when you stop? i used to keep shifting down gears and timing it so i came out when i could :lol:

Nobby
22-12-05, 11:06 PM
'' Pull the fuking choke out!!!! ''
Seriously though it must be that carb icing as thats the symptons that people usually complain about, min only does that in the mornin when me engine is cold :D

Jon_nova1
22-12-05, 11:16 PM
no its not carb icing, that happens at high speed, its happened to me, the carb isn't set right, and he can't pull the choke out, because its autochoke

orange_andy
22-12-05, 11:39 PM
THEN that mite be hte problem, THEY HAVE CRAPPY auto chokes, i got a manual in mine, stalled 10mins fater first setting off, make my choke setting higher so it revved hgiher on idle. fine now, oh and i put a board behind me grill not letting in the cold air, but a small gap either side to let enuff hot out, only goes half way in traffic so its perfect, no problems since,

is it a case of , turn ur car on in a morning or anytime more than 5hours stood, drive around for 20mins and itl stall, or are u saying, 2hours driving about town driving and it still stalls ?

Riggy
23-12-05, 12:01 PM
sound like carb needs seeting up properly

or maybee timing is a bit out

novalovingned
23-12-05, 04:06 PM
That is exactly what is happenin to mine.so does every 1 think its just the carb needin adjusted!!!!

Philsutton
23-12-05, 04:12 PM
just whack the idle up to about 3k then it'll never cut out

gza1
23-12-05, 07:03 PM
well driving round town is ok 2 b honest, i start it in the morn hang its revin just on 1000, and it feels like its stallin, so i hav 2 keep the revs up, and then i can drive along, and in each gear change whilst dippin the clutch the revs just drop reall fast and me batt ligh cums on and i hav 2 let the clutch up real quick 2 stop it from stalling. also i can b on motorway, and cum off at slip roa and cum 2 a stop and it just cuts out. every body recon me carb needs adjust?

orange_andy
24-12-05, 12:16 PM
if you got a k n n its carb, i get that on the motorway, and early mornings untill i bored up me grill to keep the heat in and got a standard filter