PDA

View Full Version : GREEN WIRE!

DIY*VALVER84
22-12-05, 12:22 AM
ive just discovered a random green wire!(live) i think its running from the original nova loom but i need to know wheter or not it goes to the astra gte loom (connector block) or to the coil? also i need a proper wiring diagram or pics of wiring etc that valvers .com wiring diagram aint sheding no light.

burgo
22-12-05, 03:22 AM
it might help if you tell us where this wire is or even better a picture

DIY*VALVER84
22-12-05, 03:44 AM
ive now been told its for the rpm gauge in dash?im not sure tho. its down by the coil bout 6-8"long then just ends?tested it and it is definitly a live. anyone in b'ham wanna earn some sponz?come get it running n il sort you out.

Jon_nova1
22-12-05, 08:56 AM
if its not even running you need to concentrate on that first, then sort out all the small problems later, is it turning over?

DIY*VALVER84
23-12-05, 12:24 PM
yeah its turning over. ive got spark and theres fuel in the tank but what pump am i suppose to use?cuz i think it could be shagged. how do u test you have the right pressure of fuel in the rail?where the valve is,is there a special gauge that tells you what psi its pushing? how do you post pics on here? i'll try put some on so you see what i mean but sum 1 tell me how first.

Nick
23-12-05, 01:27 PM
ive now been told its for the rpm gauge in dash?im not sure tho. its down by the coil bout 6-8"long then just ends?tested it and it is definitly a live. anyone in b'ham wanna earn some sponz?come get it running n il sort you out.

if it's connected/was connected to the bottom right hand terminal of the coil then it is the RPM wire.

The wire for the rev counter is green. Some nova's that didn't have a rev-counter either had

1- A redundant green wire in the loom behind the dash
2 - A green wire leading to no-where in the engine bay - i've seen a nova ina scrapy that had a green wire ending about 30cm's from the coil - however this could have been a previous owners contribution

skud52
31-12-05, 06:15 PM
i take it your wiring a valver up?

if you are i wouldn't worry about ti because you take the rpm wire from the xe loom not the nova loom